PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ali McCann song

I do think the Roxanne thing will work, someone smarter than me needs to figure out the next line but I’m thinking something along the lines of swapping light with white (shirt) etc.
I don't think we have the fanbase for it. You could rewrite Roxanne with some perfectly fitting lyrics, timed to a tee and then go and try and get it going on matchday and you'll be on your own before being drowned out by Barmy Army.

Ali Ali Ali McCann he is magic
Just give him the ball and he will run all day.

To the tune of Abbas "Give Me Give Me Give Me A Man After Midnight"

To the tune of Allez Allez Allez

He’s come down from Scotland,
He nearly won the lot,
He could’ve gone to Celtic,
But he sacked the fuckers off,
Now he’s playing at Deepdale,
For the mighty PNE,
And when he scores again,
He’ll sing this song with me.

ALI ALI ALI

I do think the Roxanne thing will work, someone smarter than me needs to figure out the next line but I’m thinking something along the lines of swapping light with white (shirt) etc.
McCann
You just want to put on a white shirt
Cause Scotland’s over
Now you play for Preston North End alright.

Could something be done with The Obama slogan, Yes we can, along the lines of Oh Yes McCann sorry if it's already been mentioned

Here's one for the team, bring it out against teams we've got a good record against...

Oh tell me why,
do we beat Blackburn (or insert Bournemouth, Bristol etc) every time?
Oh tell me why,
'Cos the North Ends flying high!

Here's one for the team, bring it out against teams we've got a good record against...

Oh tell me why,
Oh tell me why,

Awful chant idea, as I'm sure you know, but what a tune. Just listened to the whole thing for the first time in many a year, so thanks for that.

Oh tell me why,
Oh tell me why,

This music video is really annoying me because I can see i_o's doing some school homework, but I can't see what he's typing.
I mean come on, if you're going to obstruct our view, at least let us in on what you're typing, mate!

Sadly we'll never know either, i_o died last year. He was only a year older than me.

Last edited:
The song of choice judging from what I’ve seen from today’s early travellers is:

Gimme, gimme, gimme McCann after midnight,
Hates the fucking Blackpool and he loves PNE.

I like it. Simple, catchy and easy to get going. Hope it sticks.

The song of choice judging from what I’ve seen from today’s early travellers is:

Gimme, gimme, gimme McCann after midnight,
Hates the fucking Blackpool and he loves PNE.

I like it. Simple, catchy and easy to get going. Hope it sticks.

“Gimme McCann after midnight”

If not in sexual context, what does that even mean?! 😂

To the tune of Allez Allez Allez

He’s come down from Scotland,
He nearly won the lot,
He could’ve gone to Celtic,
But he sacked the fuckers off,
Now he’s playing at Deepdale,
For the mighty PNE,
And when he scores again,
He’ll sing this song with me.

ALI ALI ALI
Best lyrics thus far, but hate the tune.