PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Covid 19 - counter arguments

Are we back with masks in shops again tomorrow?..... Bloody stupid idea to stop it in the first place as most people were used to it...... Now, no doubt it will cause aggravation.

Are we back with masks in shops again tomorrow?..... Bloody stupid idea to stop it in the first place as most people were used to it...... Now, no doubt it will cause aggravation.
Yes

It'll be interesting to see how many people comply with it.

Yes

It'll be interesting to see how many people comply with it.

It will... It was never a big deal in my view.. I didn't actually fancy it but out of respect happily shoved a mask on every time I went in a shop and I'll do the same again. No bigee really but this time I can see it causing a bit of conflict..

We've had mandatory masks in shops and on public transport all year here in Wales and generally it's worked well. Bit of confusion with holidaymakers understandably not being up to speed with Welsh rules, and masks not being needed in hospitality but nobody seems to have had issue with it when it's been pointed out.

We've had mandatory masks in shops and on public transport all year here in Wales and generally it's worked well. Bit of confusion with holidaymakers understandably not being up to speed with Welsh rules, and masks not being needed in hospitality but nobody seems to have had issue with it when it's been pointed out.

We should have taken a leaf out of your book mate......

So if I look at the current Covid rates per 1000 in Cardiff and Bristol, they are 472 and 375 respectively. About 20 miles apart as the crow flies. In what way do you think mask compliance has worked well in Cardiff versus Bristol where the rules are so much more relaxed. Im less and less convinced.

So if I look at the current Covid rates per 1000 in Cardiff and Bristol, they are 472 and 375 respectively. About 20 miles apart as the crow flies. In what way do you think mask compliance has worked well in Cardiff versus Bristol where the rules are so much more relaxed. Im less and less convinced.

No idea. I'm in North Wales, frankly they're a bit strange down that way... :)

No idea. I'm in North Wales, frankly they're a bit strange down that way... :)

In short Im not convinced that mask wearing is making that much difference since no evidence has been produced that infection is rife in supermarkets and public transport. In fact its been notable that the London rates have always been fairly average considering its the major transport hub and my experience is that mask wearing has been relatively low. I increasingly agree that masks are simply a convenient totem used by govts to create a blame and diversion from the real root causes. Generally health, care, family and education centres.

In short Im not convinced that mask wearing is making that much difference since no evidence has been produced that infection is rife in supermarkets and public transport. In fact its been notable that the London rates have always been fairly average considering its the major transport hub and my experience is that mask wearing has been relatively low. I increasingly agree that masks are simply a convenient totem used by govts to create a blame and diversion from the real root causes. Generally health and education centres.

I'm happy to wear a mask on public transport and in shops while we sort out the conundrum of those who are vulnerable yet can't be vaccinated.

Even if masks don't work and it just provides a little reassurance for the elderly in the meantime, that's fine with me.

Of course, the effectiveness is massively hindered because schoolkids don't need to wear them and have basically been superspreaders throughout the whole pandemic...

I'm happy to wear a mask on public transport and in shops while we sort out the conundrum of those who are vulnerable yet can't be vaccinated.

Even if masks don't work and it just provides a little reassurance for the elderly in the meantime, that's fine with me.

Of course, the effectiveness is massively hindered because schoolkids don't need to wear them and have basically been superspreaders throughout the whole pandemic...

Im.not sure we should change normal behaviour because a proportion of the population have been scared shitless potentially by state sponsored misinformation. I ended up going to a concert without the strife last week because she doesnt feel 'comfortable enough yet' . If she has to wait much longer, shell end up in a coffin having done next to nothing in her last years. Its a sorry state that has to end, especially if a new variant is mild.

Im.not sure we should change normal behaviour because a proportion of the population have been scared shitless potentially by state sponsored misinformation. I ended up going to a concert without the strife last week because she doesnt feel 'comfortable enough yet' . If she has to wait much longer, shell end up in a coffin having done next to nothing in her last years. Its a sorry state that has to end, especially if a new variant is mild.

But this new, apparently milder version is not here and widely circulating yet?

Going in to the Winter flu season, with so many people disregarding the basic control measures now, I can see why some people are erring on the side of caution about going to public events and travel. It isn't "the Government" doing that (and I'm certainly no fan of them!) it is a significant amount of the population who are risking other people's health because they are a bit fed up with mask wearing, don't want to isolate, or can't be arsed to take a test, so it means people like your wife have to take their stupidity in to account before deciding what to do.

Also, maybe she just didn't want to go? ;) Covid is a convenient excuse for everything now!

But this new, apparently milder version is not here and widely circulating yet?

Going in to the Winter flu season, with so many people disregarding the basic control measures now, I can see why some people are erring on the side of caution about going to public events and travel. It isn't "the Government" doing that (and I'm certainly no fan of them!) it is a significant amount of the population who are risking other people's health because they are a bit fed up with mask wearing, don't want to isolate, or can't be arsed to take a test, so it means people like your wife have to take their stupidity in to account before deciding what to do.

Also, maybe she just didn't want to go? ;) Covid is a convenient excuse for everything now!

Its not I cant be arsed. Ill wear a mask as necessary and take precautions but currently that doesnt include avoiding outdoor crowds or controlled indoor events. Most on here go to PNE and have kids and grandkids at school so I really dont think wearing a mask in a half empty shop is going to make a whole lot of difference. This latest scare doesnt quite add up and has a manufactured smell about it. Either we’re not being told everything or theyve got us where they want us this year and every year into the future.

Even accounting for the media's tendency to exaggerate for me this puts the latest variant scare into perspective.

A massive wave of health issues coming down the line.

What would be really good news is when RNA cancer vaccines are widespread. Covid is serving to accelerate & highlight that field.

What do you make of this ?

And yet all through the past 18months you've been dismissing any stroke or heart related death with Covid as if it was never possible they could be linked.

Suddenly now there's an anti-vaccine slant to the things you've been told to think, you're all over it...