PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Vaccines recommended for over-fives, and making a pitch for annual shots:

Excellent news for Pfizer's shareholders - they must be proud of Dr Bourla and happy to have him fighting for them :D :p

Was on breakfast news that UK has ordered 140,000,000 more vaccine doses, looking ahead to a possible annual booster programme for the next 2 years or so. These contracts have gone to Pfeizer and Moderna. Astra Zeneca, which seems to have been the most altruistic of the major companies, (and seems to me have got Johnson out of the shit) was not mentioned.

Last edited:
Was on breakfast news that UK has ordered 140,000,000 more vaccine doses, looking ahead to a possible annual booster programme for the next 2 years or so. These contracts have gone to Pfeizer and Moderna. Astra Zeneca, which seems to have been the most altruistic of the major companies, (and seems to me have got Johnson out of the shit) was not mentioned.
Makes you think back to the negative press against AZ earlier on in the pandemic, with that fool Macron sticking his oar in.

A cynical mind might wonder if there was any negative campaigning, smearing, or lobbying going on behind the scenes - such is the murky world of big business. :D

Vaccines recommended for over-fives, and making a pitch for annual shots:

Excellent news for Pfizer's shareholders - they must be proud of Dr Bourla and happy to have him fighting for them :D :p

Somebody needs to tell him to sod right off. Utter nonsense. Its this that will make ordinary people resist and will bring the health community into disrepute.

Somebody needs to tell him to sod right off. Utter nonsense. Its this that will make ordinary people resist and will bring the health community into disrepute.
I'm finding that more and more people are starting to question the motives of people in powerful positions and companies profiting from the virus.

Maybe the damage to the reputation of medicine and science is already underway. 'Trust the experts' only goes so far.

I'm finding that more and more people are starting to question the motives of people in powerful positions and companies profiting from the virus.

Maybe the damage to the reputation of medicine and science is already underway. 'Trust the experts' only goes so far.

Good, time for people to realise that companies and people in paid powerful positions can't be trusted.