PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

O2 number porting

shabbagaz

I'm not the Messiah!
Patron
I've tried Googling an answer for this but can't find anything specific.

My Dad bought a new mobile and switched network to O2. The porting request to move his number across was put in on Wednesday and was apparently done yesterday.
He's rebooted his new mobile a few times but his data isn't working and he can't make calls.
I've phoned him from my mobile (dialling the number he moved across) and the call came through fine. He texted me from his new mobile which came through to my phone but it was 'from' the 'new' number and not the number he ported across.

I know this process can take some time but I would've expected this to have been completed by now? Can anyone advise?

Cheers!

Sounds like it's only half switched and one of the parties involved hasn't flicked their switch, not much you can do bar contacting O2 customer services sadly and get them to kick the relevant department. That it's receiving shows the SIM is connecting in that respect, it sounds that in O2 they need to reassociate the SIM number with his ported number so that they match for outbound too