PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ukraine-Russia Conflict

What we're witnessing here before our eyes is the annihilation of a country and its' population.

Be under no illusion. Putin absolutely will not stop these relentless bombardments to reduce Ukraine to an apocalyptic version of Syria.

Is the West really prepared to stand by and watch that happen?

I'm staggered and ashamed we've allowed it to get this bad.

What we're witnessing here before our eyes is the annihilation of a country and its' population.

Be under no illusion. Putin absolutely will not stop these relentless bombardments to reduce Ukraine to an apocalyptic version of Syria.

Got to take into account, that Russia is surrounded by 30 Countries that comprise NATO, basically a US dominated alliance, that is in control of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

Putin is basically a 'Dictator' who is taking Russia down, through corruption and illegal money, but he has the right to fend off threats to Russia. After the regime change in Ukraine, 2014 intiated by the US he panicked, the infiltration of Ukraine ny NATO troops was an act of aggression and unfortunately he decided to respond with an invasion.

The awful thing is, that besides the US expansion into the South China Seas and the threat to China, provoking further conflict, the US military machine is churning out billions of dollars woth of armanents, on sale to Europe and anyone they can sell to. The US have been in a perpetual war for as long as I can remember since 1946, but when defence was necessary aainst the Germans in 1914 they turned away from our defence, until the Lusitannia was sunk and two years later the Germans continued to sink US ships bound for the UK, then they entered the war in 1917 when Europe was in crisis, and not until the Japs bombed Pearl Harbour did they help in our battle against the Nazis.

Unfortunately Putin's reaction to the NATO advance was not the way to go, but he warned the US to stop their encirclment of Russia or they would respond with aggression.

The result a real threat of a Nuclear War. What a bunch of pricks the lot of them, Putin and the US war machine.

In answer to your question.."Is the West really prepared to stand by and watch that happen"? I don't think so the amount of arms and money being poured into Ukraine is phenominal, the build up of troops on the borders is massive and Russia is stugling against a Ukraine Army and have little chance of getting further than the occupation of Donbas.

This made me laugh:

Dropping the symbol because it has been exploited by Russian propaganda. Conveniently skating over the fact that they actually are fucking neo-Nazis.

I`m more concerned about the Nazi and far right/white supremacist symbol adorned `Wagner Group`, active worldwide on behalf of Putin, and currently part of the invasion of a peaceful country by a dictatorship, than a regiment that is mostly destroyed or captured and is turning it`s back on such symbolism.
Many commentators have already debunked Russian President Vladimir Putin’s absurd claim to be waging war to “de-nazify” Ukraine.

Some have pointed out the far right received only 2% of the vote in Ukraine’s 2019 parliamentary elections, far less than in most of Europe. Others have drawn attention to Ukraine’s Jewish president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and the efforts of the Ukrainian state to protect minorities like Crimean Tatars and LGBTQ+ people, who are subject to brutal persecution in Russia.

What has received less coverage is the Putin regime’s own record of collaboration with far-right extremists. Even as Russian diplomats condemned “fascists” in the Baltic states and Kremlin propagandists railed against imaginary “Ukronazis” in power in Kyiv, the Russian state was cultivating its own homegrown Nazis.

Got to take into account, that Russia is surrounded by 30 Countries that comprise NATO, basically a US dominated alliance, that is in control of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

Putin is basically a 'Dictator' who is taking Russia down, through corruption and illegal money, but he has the right to fend off threats to Russia. After the regime change in Ukraine, 2014 intiated by the US he panicked, the infiltration of Ukraine ny NATO troops was an act of aggression and unfortunately he decided to respond with an invasion.

The awful thing is, that besides the US expansion into the South China Seas and the threat to China, provoking further conflict, the US military machine is churning out billions of dollars woth of armanents, on sale to Europe and anyone they can sell to. The US have been in a perpetual war for as long as I can remember since 1946, but when defence was necessary aainst the Germans in 1914 they turned away from our defence, until the Lusitannia was sunk and two years later the Germans continued to sink US ships bound for the UK, then they entered the war in 1917 when Europe was in crisis, and not until the Japs bombed Pearl Harbour did they help in our battle against the Nazis.

Unfortunately Putin's reaction to the NATO advance was not the way to go, but he warned the US to stop their encirclment of Russia or they would respond with aggression.

The result a real threat of a Nuclear War. What a bunch of pricks the lot of them, Putin and the US war machine.

Not a bad recovery, Outy, from your many initial posts telling us that the West was talking shit, and Russia had no plans to invade Ukraine. And that the Ukrainians wanted to be part of Russia.

Not a bad recovery, Outy, from your many initial posts telling us that the West was talking shit, and Russia had no plans to invade Ukraine. And that the Ukrainians wanted to be part of Russia.
Many Western leaders said the same, in fairness

Not a bad recovery, Outy, from your many initial posts telling us that the West was talking shit, and Russia had no plans to invade Ukraine.
Dig it out, don't think I said that, I did point out that Putin warned the US if they didn't withdraw Nato expansion then suffer the consequencies.

I could be wrong and probably am, thing is I don't believe we have ever tried to make a peaceful solution with Russia, they are the enemy, yet they are part of Europe, and sanctions put in place since 1946 have never really changed, the pariar state, forget that they were allies, the yanks have always considered the Russians as being the enemy, and the Chinese, and anybody else that is the flavour of the month, Iraq, Viatnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, doesn't matter really is all about money and control.

When Reagon and Thatcher proposed a new relationistship with Gorbachev, is was a time of hope, but didn't last long did it, can't live without an enemy, the bad guys, can't sell arms wthout an enemy, if peace was the agenda, then why sell arms to the Saudis?

It's obvious the the 'Bodger' only goes to KYIV in times of politcal turmoil here in the UK, trying to make out he cares a shit about this war, he has been a safe haven for Russian money and any other dodgy money that can be transfered to our money laundering services in tax-havens.

Johnson cares only about himself and who ever pays him.

I would love to see Rabb and Johson on the front line fighting the Russians, they are quite willing to involve British Troops whilst they supp wine in Tory Clubs in London.

It is always the same. take us to war and expect the workers of this country to sacrifice their lives and family's whilst the elite do fuck all.

I`m more concerned about the Nazi and far right/white supremacist symbol adorned `Wagner Group`, active worldwide on behalf of Putin, and currently part of the invasion of a peaceful country by a dictatorship, than a regiment that is mostly destroyed or captured and is turning it`s back on such symbolism.

That's your prerogative.

Not a fan of Wagner, either.