PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

I genuinely believe he's been 'manager' in name only since New Years Day, after the home defeat by Sheffield Wednesday. He hasn't turned the situation around, others have done it for him.

I'll post this pic again - looking at his trainers for inspiration...

View attachment 20577
Oh god he looked at his trainers! Im in the Lowe out club now. I can see it when we win others turned it around and when we lose its because they let him have another go at it.

NINTCHDBPICT000483749315-e1570652633162.jpg

He's far from perfect, but we can only really assess after 46 games. His decision making can be infuriating but it's also easy to forget when he gets things right.

Agree, he's only going to go if he's poached, and I think there will be interested clubs next season.

I genuinely believe he's been 'manager' in name only since New Years Day, after the home defeat by Sheffield Wednesday. He hasn't turned the situation around, others have done it for him.

I'll post this pic again - looking at his trainers for inspiration...

View attachment 20577
Careful, thats just a snapshot in time. By way of illustration, I once saw a picture of myself when I wasn't incredibly good looking and attractive to the opposite sex. What are the chances of that?

He's far from perfect, but we can only really assess after 46 games. His decision making can be infuriating but it's also easy to forget when he gets things right.

Agree, he's only going to go if he's poached, and I think there will be interested clubs next season.
After pretty much 2.5 seasons we can assess now. On the pitch he's played a reasonable hand with the resources he's been dealt. Points return is OK, the big weakness is the tendency to go through horrendous runs of shipping shed loads of goals. The strength is the ability to come through those and produce a vaguely coherent team again. In a game of fine margins, it doesn't take much imagination to find the handful of points we'd need to be in the driving seat as far as getting in the playoffs is concerned.

Off the pitch, well, at best he's best left ignored. A bit of media / communication training could work wonders there.

Overall I wouldn't be too aggrieved if he left. I'd be very surprised though. I don't see him either getting the boot or another club coming in for him.

After pretty much 2.5 seasons we can assess now. On the pitch he's played a reasonable hand with the resources he's been dealt. Points return is OK, the big weakness is the tendency to go through horrendous runs of shipping shed loads of goals. The strength is the ability to come through those and produce a vaguely coherent team again. In a game of fine margins, it doesn't take much imagination to find the handful of points we'd need to be in the driving seat as far as getting in the playoffs is concerned.

Off the pitch, well, at best he's best left ignored. A bit of media / communication training could work wonders there.

Overall I wouldn't be too aggrieved if he left. I'd be very surprised though. I don't see him either getting the boot or another club coming in for him.

With regards to the media/communication lets not forget that when Alex Neil couldn't buy himself a result he came out with the "don't have a scooby what my best team is" comment. And yet there are some on here who still hero worship him and would have him back.

Maybe if he had a scouse accent history would remember him differently.

With regards to the media/communication lets not forget that when Alex Neil couldn't buy himself a result he came out with the "don't have a scooby what my best team is" comment. And yet there are some on here who still hero worship him and would have him back.

Maybe if he had a scouse accent history would remember him differently.
Agree. Alex Neil used to always say ‘first goal killed us.’

At least under Lowe we have shown some fight back ability.

Lowe called Duane Holmes Dwayno in a press conference. For that alone he should be gone.
Fair enough if that was the only possibility available but a Holmes should always be nicknamed Holmesey, no arguments. More poor decision making from Lowe.

I simply dont get the OCD fascination with him..... its like people cant sleep without finding fault about him.

one day he will be sacked or poached........ then we can get on with criticising his replacement, whilst some wanting him back..

I find it all a bit Embarrassing to be honest.... especially as we aren't doing as bad as many thought or as better managers are doing