Search results

1. N

Fan engagement update

Worked for Brad Potts! From midfield to striker, and a new deal!
  2. N

This corona virus thing...

It will already be happening. Some of the confirmed cases in Scotland were not linked to travel.
  3. N

I've seen it a few times where they've said we need a new variant to become dominant that has less symptoms. Then it should become like a cold.
  4. N

The Telegraph and Mirror reported this yesterday as well. It really is a case of wait and see. I think a lot of the data from South Africa so far is from younger people. Something like 6% of the population in South Africa is 65 or over. So it might take time to see how it affects elderly people.
  5. N

Poll - Is it time for Frankie to Go?

I thought we were awful for around the first 25 minutes. We did improve as the half went on. 2nd half we were decent. I'm still far from convinced with Frankie, and I'm adamant we would be better without him as Head Coach. But him and the players deserve credit for today.
  6. N

Pcr tests for all arrivals to UK by day 2, and they have to isolate until a negative result.
  7. N

No cases in the UK detected so far.
  8. N

Belgium has 2 suspected cases of this 'nu' variant. They've brought in new measures today just to deal with the Delta variant. Pubs, restaurants closing at 11pm, mandatory mask wearing, nightclubs closed for 3 weeks, 6 at a table in hospitality.
  9. N

The article has changed, it now says 59 confirmed cases. Although since Israel has said they now also have a confirmed case.
  10. N

A rare occasion where the government have been quick in travel restrictions for this. It's a potential game changing variant. But there are only 10 confirmed cases of it. Let's hope there are no more, and that the people with it are in quarantine and it doesn't spread. I would presume and hope...
  11. N

January signings

I can't see any clubs making a bid that would be too good for us to turn down in January. This is the first time he's consistently looked a threat at this level. I think clubs would rather see how he performs in the longer term first.
  12. N

The Premier league so far this season.

So it sounds like Man United have actually got a plan. The highly rated coach Ralf Rangnick as interim Head Coach, then he's going to have a behind the scenes role after that. Apparently he was a main reason for changes to German football previously, and was a big inspiration for Klopp and Tuchel.
  13. N

We are 7 points off the play offs. I won't apologise to Frankie as we're simply not good enough under his 'leadership' to mount a play off charge never mind win promotion.
  14. N

Alan Browne

I really don't have any problem with fans using social media or forums like this to state their displeasure or pleasure in the players performances, or the managers. I don't agree with tagging the players when doing this though. It's just an unneeded and unnecessary distraction that creates bad...
  15. N

Match Day - Middlesbrough v PNE - 23/11/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

I would sack him without question. And I've no doubt we will do this season at some stage. You can see a club like Blackpool, with less resources, worse playing squad, but a good Coach getting the players over achieving. I wish we had a good Coach getting our players to over achieving rather...
  16. N

I'd sack him tomorrow. It's been said before, no club in our league, and very few in League 1 or 2 would want McAvoy as their Head Coach if they needed one. Yet some think he's worth being on charge for us!? The league is very poor this year bar 2 or 3 sides. Blackpool are outperforming us with...
  17. N

Why would I want us to drop a player who is the reason we're not in the relegation zone? I want us to be in a position where we're not relying on our goalkeeper to be winning us points. I want us to win points by dominating teams and producing better performances than the other team. I want...
  18. N

It isn't just me saying it though is it!? We were literally gifted the win tonight, in a game where we were absolutely woeful. Brilliant keeping from Iversen, and a howler from Bamba for our winner.
  19. N

And we shouldn't have won tonight if Boro kept their focus! Tonight's result just papers over the cracks and is delaying the inevitable.
  20. N

Iversen - Player of the Season

It would have been 3 points lower just from tonight alone! I would think we would be in the bottom 3 over the season so far.