Search results

1. N

Something to (hopefully) cheer everyone up

I remember one of Leslie Phillip's catch phases was Ding Dong which he said slowly and with feeling when he saw an attractive girl.
  2. N

Something to (hopefully) cheer everyone up

Used to enjoy watching Bless This House. Probably dated now but she added a large touch of glamour.
  3. N

So many pointless threads

Sorry meant to reply to OP.
  4. N

So many pointless threads

Whilst I do not agree with personal abuse of individuals it will be a sad day for the Club as a whole when nobody cares enough to comment on matters they believe could operate more efficiently. A good business takes on board feedback from paying customers as many of us are. Comments made by...
  5. N

General Championship Thread

The flames been extinguished!
  6. N

So 60 years on?

More depressing than interesting :)
  7. N

Prediction League - Plastics v PNE - 04/12/2021 - Championship

Blackburn 1-1 PNE Whiteman 18777
  8. N

So 60 years on?

We played them very early in the season that followed their relegation from the top flight. Think they took the lead early on in the game but we came back to win 2-1. Got relegated again that season.
  9. N

Poll - Is it time for Frankie to Go?

Wasn't aware he listened to any advice.
  10. N

Plastics

Hopefully (crossing fingers) he's as ineffective on the day as Mitrovic was on Saturday. Can live with him scoring one though as long as it's their only goal and Riis and Evans both score for us.
  11. N

Agree about the Rovers crowd. Armstrong is the striker who left for Southampton.
  12. N

Sheffield United 2-0 Bristol City this lunchtime. Now only 3 points separate Huddersfield in 8th and us in 17th. Very tight. Suspect the likes of Rovers and Coventry who are currently in the top 6 will wobble at some stage.
  13. N

Match Day - PNE v Fulham - 27/11/21 - KO:12:30pm - Championship

I do understand that it can be a coping mechanism that works for some people. It just creates too much negativity for my liking.
  14. N

This corona virus thing...

Happened to my brother.Negative when PCR tested.
  15. N

Can take positives from today fhough
  16. N

Each to their own. I get disheartened myself sometimes but don't go looking for negativity
  17. N

I find it totally disheartening when people predict we'll get hammered before a ball has been kicked even if it's tongue in cheek.
  18. N

Need more spirited performances like that to entice supporters back and even then it won't happen overnight. A more positive vibe needs to return.
  19. N

Don't make excuses for him :). Better to give our plyer the credit. He's taken (with some justification) an awful lot of stick.
  20. N

Iversen had an unexpectedly quiet game. After so much talk of us getting a hammering it never looked like happening. Lindsay was considerably better than anticipated.