Search results

1. buckshawwhite

Adam O'Reilly joins St Pats on Loan (Confirmed)

A bit of a surprise that. I thought he may have been on the cusp of the first team squad?
  2. buckshawwhite

Match Day - PNE v Sheff Utd - 18/01/22 - KO:19:45

RL's comments post match, stating that he wanted to keep numbers up front & occupy their defenders / make it difficult to play from the back. Is a complete shift change from our recent managers. Refreshing !
  3. buckshawwhite

Can someone please remind me of any former PNE Manager that would have played 2 up front for a large portion of the second half, when 2-0 down & down to 10 men?................ I'll wait
  4. buckshawwhite

I lost patience with Sinclair some time ago sadly. There's not many games where I can recall him having many touches of the ball, never mind influence games as we'd have expected. Described as a "moments" player. Well, those moments are too few and far between
  5. buckshawwhite

January 2022 transfer window rumours and discussion

I wasnt at that game :)
  6. buckshawwhite

Jordan Storey joins Sheffield Wednesday on loan (Confirmed)

A good move for all parties. Hopefully he can recapture the form & confidence that he had early in his PNE career playing alongside Ben Davies. That seemed to dip following his exclusion from the starting eleven on the arrival of Pat Bauer. I dont think this necessarily signals the end of his...
  7. buckshawwhite

On the occasions I've seen Lindsay play this season (I recall Blackburn A, Liverpool & Fulham) he has been pretty solid if unspectacular. Good reliable back up, if that is what he is happy to do?
  8. buckshawwhite

Maybe that 2nd space has been afforded to Harrop?
  9. buckshawwhite

We can only speculate but I'd expect the likes of Maguire, Harrop, Hunts, Rafferty, Olosunde & obviously Storey to be pretty nervous. I'd also expect that RL will have let them know. It's also pretty obvious now that both wing back positions are a top priority
  10. buckshawwhite

I've got my club back

We'll agree to disagree. You're saying Sheff United were'nt decent in the 1st half ?
  11. buckshawwhite

I've got my club back

It was YOU that referred to him as 34 years old in the first place. We all know that the squad will need addressing, so give it a rest. You bemoan the 1st half but fail to give credit to Sheffield United who got it tactically spot on & alongside Stoke were on of the better footballing sides to...
  12. buckshawwhite

The atmosphere at Deepdale

100% THIS. Moments change games and that tackle by Whiteman woke the crowd & the team up. I also think it had an effect on Sheffield United, who thought they were going to stroll it from that point. From that moment on the seemingly impossible became a possibility & every credit to RL and the...
  13. buckshawwhite

I've got my club back

Yes you could refer to Ched Evans as a 34 year old ex convict. Alternatively, you could refer to him as a striker who plays every game like its his last, puts a herculean shift in for the team with a good degree of ability & skill thrown in. It's interesting that you chose to use the former
  14. buckshawwhite

For me Barky starts at RWB on Tuesday. Potts has been solid enough there but Barky has the push and run ability that RL is looking for
  15. buckshawwhite

I just cant see how anyone can say Barky isnt a wingback, especially the way RL wants to play them. He seems to have the attributes for me, good engine, good pace & can deliver a good cross. Definitely worth a shot there this season. If it doesnt work out, he can go
  16. buckshawwhite

Funniest comedy sketch of all time

New Series of WILTY with Bob Mortimer as guest tonight 8pm BBC1... Get on it
  17. buckshawwhite

Connor Wickham Leaves (Confirmed)

A real shame this one you have got to feel sympathy for the lad. Let's face it, if he didnt have such a horrendous injury record he probably wouldnt have entertained coming to us. I do really hope he finds a happy path in life
  18. buckshawwhite

Best Restaurant Locally??

DON'T !!!!!!
  19. buckshawwhite

Defunct grounds

Here's a few I've visited Springfield Park - Wigan Burnden Park - Bolton The Old Show Ground - Scunthorpe Sealand Road - Chester Leeds Road - Huddersfield Fellows Park - Walsall Roker Park - Sunderland Wembley Ayresome Park - Middlesboro Belle Vue - Doncaster The Feethams - Darlington White...
  20. buckshawwhite

This week in tory run Britain

The one worrying niggle that I have over this whole affair & Boris' impending downfall. Is that this absolute b*tch could likely be his successor as PM. Evil personified