Search results

1. E

Supporters and player agents occupy different worlds

I decided to start this thread because, for a long time, I've felt that fans of football clubs, including my own club are being very badly treated by players' agents. We need to be clear about one thing : the objectives of each of those two groups of people are diametrically opposed to each...
  2. E

Injuries leading up to the international break

From various sources, these injuries occurred prior to the Reading game on 30th Mar 2019: 23 Feb A Millwall Clarke (knee) 2 Mar H Bristol City Potts (knee) 13 Mar A Middlesbrough Browne (ankle) 16 Mar H Birmingham City Hughes (hamstring tear) late Mar training Barkhuizen (knee) As far...
  3. E

Defensive midfield partnerships - the returns

This thread may clarify matters or be highly contested. After all, there are lies, damned lies and statistics... (However, I do seek corrections, where appropriate.) There were 11 games during 2018-19 in which North End conceded 3 goals. If you note who the centre midfield pairing were, the...
  4. E

Players not leaving in the summer...

This is a big statement from Alex Neil and the club : https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/pne-news/preston-north-end-boss-alex-neil-confident-of-keeping-hold-of-his-key-players-this-summer-1-9744835
  5. E

A theorised U23 team - don't get too excited

Would Alex Neil ask for an U23 team to be created as part of club improvements ? I don't know the answer. However, as a general comment, the club did say that it is listening and responding to suggestions for improvement. ** Caution. There is no basis for the idea of Neil asking for an U23 side...
  6. E

Alex Neil's position

So that we may concentrate on North End, here are some observations on events yesterday. First, this article, containing interview material ...
  7. E

Club-developed player rule - for 2018-19

Apologies in advance if this discussion has already occurred on the forum. I tried searching. The PNE academy, or rather its history, has greater importance this year (2018-19) than in previous ones. There's a new EFL rule that at least one player who is a product of the academy must be in the...
  8. E

Injuries to North End players since July 2017

The dates in the table following are taken from reports of player unavailability (and subsequent availability) for games during season 2017-18. This information is in the public domain. It's not leaked from the club or elsewhere. It's presented here so that readers of the forum may inform...