Search results

1. J

John Welsh

A very plausible theory.
  2. J

Montenegro v England

Have we finally sacked off Brexit Bhaggers? Thank fuck for that!
  3. J

John Welsh

First decent connection he’d made for about 3 years. Shameful.
  4. J

Reading Away

Probably true but it’s a poor do when you need to drink 40 miles away from the ground. They’ve overcome the teething difficulties at the ground when the players used to get out of the car park before the fans.
  5. J

Lancashire CCC 2019

So we’ve just lost to the USA.
  6. J

Alex Neil's position

Didn’t Boro and Brum just do a job on us though? And AN admit he was wrong, at least in the Boro game? It’s par for the course to expect a gaffer, or his assistants, to watch a bit of footage. Formations are less important than winning your individual battles and playing for the shirt...
  7. J

Reading Away

Yep. One who’s been to over 100 football grounds.
  8. J

Match Day Thread - PNE v Birmingham City - 16/03/2019 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Not sure they’d score if they played another 80. Still, stopping England from winning and going back under the radar for the WC probably suits them.
  9. J

Which should Pearson miss ?

I think it goes deeper than that. The whole basis of his game is the physical stuff. Much as I wish you could still stick your foot in like you used to be able to, it’s rapidly being outlawed and that leaves someone who never scores and has the creativity of Teresa May. He does what he does...
  10. J

Ooh I’m really not but i do love a good 4-4-2.
  11. J

Sharpened them and stabbed people with them!
  12. J

Reading Away

Then bus to the ground. Horrible trip but I hope the result makes it worthwhile. Leinster v Ulster in the European QF for me with much slimmer hopes of an away win.
  13. J

Oh come on - that's as wide of the mark as one of Pearson's rare shots. A midfielder is the football equivalent of an all-rounder; they're supposed to chip in at both ends(/with bat and ball). It's not as though we've got a brilliant defensive record despite Pearson's 'heroics' (leaked 50...
  14. J

It went in off the post. My recently acquired gf was supposed to be watching but was chatting to her mate at the time and missed it. I genuinely do not understand how anyone can play 100 games in midfield and only trouble the scorers on one occasion. There will never be a Ben Pearson poster on...
  15. J

Possibly. Still, I maintain that you can have an anchor that is capable of scoring more than once in a hundred matches. I managed to score with a sliding tackle from outside the box in my ball-winning prime.
  16. J

Rudd

You’re probably right. I think that the idea that you need competition for the number 1 jersey is a load of old bollocks. I don’t remember the likes of Shilton and Clemence being challenged too much at club level. They both did OK.
  17. J

Rudd

He’s made some excellent saves but he still can’t claim a cross.