PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. O

Matchday Thread Birmingham City v PNE - 21/01/33 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Exactly this. We have no right back, no right wing back and no Potts available. A proper state to get in to
  2. O

Matchday Thread Birmingham City v PNE - 21/01/33 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Maybe Potts is fed up with all the stick he gets and has told Ryan he won’t play there anymore
  3. O

CONFIRMED Club Statement - Whats App Message

Completely agree. They were doing it to a strong West Brom as well. We’ve done it once this season at home vs Rotherham I reckon. Where has that performance gone?
  4. O

Team Vs Birmingham

We seemed to get results and half a performance from a midfield of Whiteman, McCann and Brady so a return to that would make sense. Who knows after last Saturday though
  5. O

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Couldn’t agree more. I had a lot of sympathy for not having any decent forwards to use, but displacing the entire defence last Saturday was idiotic
  6. O

I’ve never had a problem selling players if re invest properly. PNE go back a long way at not doing this. I’ve still not got over replacing Brian Mooney with Dave Thompson, that was a blow
  7. O

Matchday Thread PNE v Norwich City - 14/01/23 - KO 3PM GMT - Championship

Lol yeah I know, I meant yesterday that happened for sure. Before I wasn’t. I’ve been of the opinion that 2 decent strikers would’ve given us more points over all the games so far. He lost the plot yesterday completely by picking that team, not changing it after a few minutes then not taking...
  8. O

Matchday Thread PNE v Norwich City - 14/01/23 - KO 3PM GMT - Championship

I know there’s not many of us but I quite like Ryan Lowe but yesterday was up there with Phil Brown for utter bullshit and Darren Ferguson for complete ineptitude. We’ve a squad with no right back or wingers so how can 442 or 433 possibly work? What an idiot
  9. O

CONFIRMED FA Cup 4th Round Draw (Spurs Home)

That really riled me, his attitude was pathetic. Resting one or two fine, wholesale changes vs the best team in the country in front of a full house and millions at home wasn’t on.
  10. O

After being caretaker Big Sam went back to being the youth coach when John Beck was appointed. I know he hated Beck’s football at the time and couldn’t wait to leave (got the Blackpool job) but a few years later he was using everything he’d learnt from him at Bolton. Psychology, nutrition...
  11. O

Next season...

It is to us. Peter sees it as an opportunity though. What for no one really knows as they won’t tell us the plan they’ve got. I’m hoping it’s a plan to improve the squad by signing up great players
  12. O

Are we not getting the context of the division? (Every game is terrible?)

I have friends who are Blackburn and Stoke fans. It’s a very common opinion, “shite” is the word used. This division is terrible, they all cancel each other out with a load tippy tappy crap on the halfway line, no one wants to play with wingers, only the top few have any decent forwards. Pants
  13. O

Far stronger division back then
  14. O

Plus a proper normal right back so we can switch to a back 4, and 2 wingers so we can switch to 433. You’d think the professionals in charge would think all this through when building a squad for the season ahead
  15. O

You've tried Ryan but you're just not good enough....

I completely understand it’s all about data these days, every team does it. But what I see are footballers so chocked full of information that they are literally unable to think for themselves and move. Yesterday, ball goes to Cunningham, he looks up, no one is moving into space at all, it goes...
  16. O

Yesterdays Match Day Experience (thank you Peter Ridsdale!)

The most entertaining football we’ve had since 2015 was when we had Mcgeady, with Robinson, Barky running off him. I go back to the John McGrath team in 88/89 with Mooney, Ellis, Brazil, Bogie. All these players had skill, an ability to find space, take the ball and make something happen. I...
  17. O

Matchday Thread Match Day - PNE v Huddersfield Town - Boxing Day 2022 - KO:15:00

Go long to Ched, Riis for the flick ons, wing backs put in a stream of crosses, Browne and Mccann to pick up the second balls and go from there with loads of energy. Or, pass the ball across and back very slowly getting nowhere as it’s very easy to defend against
  18. O

Could tell as well. One good game away at Burnley
  19. O

He’s recently been pushing for Aaron Bennett to be in the team as the answer to all our problems. Crackers, he doesn’t change, extremely weird that any issue the team has would be solved by an untried youth player in his very odd opinion.
  20. O

The Plastics Thread.

Rovers had nearly 30k on at Ewood the game after they won promotion back to the championship a couple of years ago. Thousands turned up to celebrate their success, happy to ignore years of poor ownership