PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. janiejones

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Isn't that him off Happy Valley?
  2. janiejones

CONFIRMED PNE v Spurs - Saturday 28/01/23 - KO:6PM GMT - Ticket Details

I've never done it myself, but picked up a Hartlepool fan at Forton Services en route to Crewe. It was about 2 PM, there was no way he'd have made kick off. Dropped him off at M6 junction 32. I only picked him up because I had a couple of mates with me.
  3. janiejones

Looking like he's jilted Everton.
  4. janiejones

To be fair, that approach always works for PNE. 🤔
  5. janiejones

Scunthorpe Utd.

Yes, I went to Bradford as well, 3-2 defeat IIRC. It was a windy day and 2 goals were scored direct from corners, one for each team.
  6. janiejones

Scunthorpe Utd.

Very impressive, both the pun and the support. 👍 You're right Henry. I went against Port Vale, hardly surprising they conceded 4, Barry Siddall was their keeper. I missed the Scunthorpe away game, I'd gone to Anfield with my mate Richard and his parents, who were big Leicester City fans.
  7. janiejones

Scunthorpe Utd.

Scunthorpe were the opposition at Deepdale on November 5th 1985, witnessed by 2,003. A happier memory of Scunthorpe, was Boxing Day 1983. Featuring, Ian Botham at centre half for Scunny, PNE came away with the points courtesy of a 5-1 win.
  8. janiejones

Mick McCarthy to be sacked....

I've heard this may be the case, although my source says Maxwell is the better keeper. He also says, that if Maxwell is playing 2nd fiddle to Grimshaw, then he behaves like a complete arse. I think we knew that anyway, after his time here and subsequent events after being replaced by Rudd. I...
  9. janiejones

Still get goose bumps..

I think I knew Sandy from way back. Was he quite small and slim? If it's the same lad he liked a drink. Good lad.
  10. janiejones

Like Olosunde, I've never seen Adam play, so can't really offer an opinion. What I do know for sure, is that AW rated him. So going off that recommendation, he can't be bad, can he? 🤔
  11. janiejones

GENERAL STRIKE

You're lucky JD, a lad I played football with missed the deadline by ONE day.
  12. janiejones

Still get goose bumps..

Was AW there? I remember him having a fall out with Gary Peters at a similar event. I think it was the one when he 'advised' him to sign Sean Devine, maybe Dougie Freedman too.
  13. janiejones

Former PNE Players Thread

I'm feeling old all of a sudden. I was at school with Ryan's dad.
  14. janiejones

Like a great winger or midfielder, I'm teeing you up here. Didn't they both score a hat trick in the same match at Deepdale? Pretty sure it was Mansfield. There's been a fair few hat tricks scored at Deepdale down the years. 🤔😁
  15. janiejones

Still get goose bumps..

Does John Lee post on here? I owe him a pint from about 35 years ago.
  16. janiejones

A Sunderland fan I know reckons Gelhardt is more or less a done deal, though last week he said Jordan Hugill was going there. He's not totally reliable. He isn't called Alan Nixon either.
  17. janiejones

Former PNE Players Thread

Tom Bayliss scored the late winner for Shrewsbury at MK Dons last night.
  18. janiejones

So you didn’t wither on the vine?
  19. janiejones

Yep, it was Steve Wilkinson.