PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. F

Heartless performance

It’s the lack of invention that’s the problem, we can’t break down a bank of 4 or play through the lines around the penalty box. Commentator said last night that 40% of our goals have come from set pieces, and we aren’t that good at those. The long throw is ineffective and should be used as a...
  2. F

Heartless performance

Shows how far we’ve fallen that some think that was a great performance, it was just much better than Saturday which wasn’t hard. We still lack a cohesive attacking game plan and struggle to put 4 passes together. They played a high-ish line and both our opportunities came over the top, it’s...
  3. F

He's Got To Go

At a club with any sort of ambition the manager would get potted with a lineup like that after what happened Saturday. Totally covering his ass so he can hide behind the changes if we get dicked and keep the players ‘fresh’ for Luton. Won’t matter as we’ll get beat in that aswell. Time to crank...
  4. F

Barky talks about his contract situation, form, results, Frankie.

Really worrying comments, if he’s saying it you can bet loads of others in the squad are thinking it. Surely they know Gally well enough to have a word to try and be more positive tactically. Sounds like he’s off though which after extending Maguire, Potts and Harrop recently would be totally...
  5. F

Blackpool Tickets Sold Out (Confirmed)

They haven’t averaged more than us in the same division since 1973 and they have the audacity to bang on about crowds 🤣 To still have a temporary stand is embarrassing and a small away following just detracts from the occasion. We’ve no choice but to reciprocate or we’ll get this piss poor...
  6. F

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

More of a priority anyway. A proper defensively minded midfielder would improve us without a doubt.
  7. F

I don’t get the reluctance to make something happen, even if we have to pay a bit over the odds at this stage. Riis, Sep and Iversen have shown there is quality out there in our budget so why not build on that. A couple of defeats in September and it’s a long, long wait until January.
  8. F

I’ll be fuming if Barky leaves, solid player who’s 7/10 most weeks, can cover various positions and is settled here. Watch us go and extend Potts and Sinclair’s contracts aswell (who I both rate but are far less deserving than Barky). Totally ridiculous.
  9. F

Safe-standing on the Townend?

If we did get some dynamic new owner I honestly don’t think some of our fans could cope with the change anyway. People that set in their ways they can’t move to a different seat in the same stand.
  10. F

It’s not ‘your’ seat though so the club are within their rights to change the terms of pricing etc for each stand as they wish at the end of each season, they’d then value your support by offering any other free seat of your choice. If it meant an increase in atmosphere, attendances and income...
  11. F

You’d rather not go than move to one of the thousands of other empty seats where the view is no worse? How did you cope before the ground was redeveloped?
  12. F

Match Day - Morecambe v PNE - 24/08/21 - KO:19:45 - League Cup 2nd Round

No issue with the team, it’s strong enough to get through whilst resting a few that need it. Hopefully the midfield can find Sinclair and Riis in behind.
  13. F

Match Day - PNE v Peterborough United - 21/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

I think partly yeah. It’s been said that there’s a more relaxed atmosphere under Frankie but maybe he didn’t work them hard enough.
  14. F

Match Day - PNE v Peterborough United - 21/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

It was much better than Huddersfield, we pressed higher, were aggressive and took more risks but still very wasteful. Got to question the fitness levels though, that should have been a standard championship run out but the players were dead on their feet at the end. We don’t look fully match...
  15. F

Alan Browne incident with supporters.

He should lead by example but I don’t think he has it in him. Lack of desire to really want it, no aggression apart from Ched and maybe Potts, just pushovers all over the pitch. Browne strolls over to close players down, doesn’t direct anyone else to get tight. The fans end up shouting for the...
  16. F

Match Day - Huddersfield Town v PNE - 17/08/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Yep I can relate to your second paragraph. Just got to deal with it. Browne shouldn’t be anywhere near the team let alone fucking captain. No leadership when it counts so he’s got to expect it, comes with the territory unfortunately.
  17. F

McAvoy… thanks but no thanks

Painfully out of his depth, unable to tweak anything tactically to have an impact and teams have already figured out to isolate the centre backs and play the square ball through the middle. No intent how to unlock a defence either. Time to get rid.
  18. F

Alan Browne incident with supporters.

This, no communication or leadership all game and then has the nerve to have a pop at the fans.
  19. F

Match Day - Huddersfield Town v PNE - 17/08/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Embarrassing from Browne at the end, what does he expect, anonymous again. Frankie bottled it with the subs aswell, no intent to get a winner at all.
  20. F

Huddersfield roll call

I’m going, first away since Wigan 2020. Despite the negativity I’m really looking forward to it.