PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. N

Lowe Out

In Grayson’s 2 Championship seasons we finished 11th in both seasons which is exactly the position we currently occupy. Both those seasons we started poorly before climbing the table. I get the feeling with the current squad that if we had a bad start we’d be done for. The only season we...
  2. N

"Focus on the league"

He used to say it even if we conceded in the first minute.
  3. N

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

The team higher up the ladder usually wins otherwise it wouldn’t be known as a Cup shock when it happened. It’s the nature of the defeat that hurts sometimes.
  4. N

Lowe Out

Things were starting to go wrong under Neil the Christmas prior to Covid. Stale 2-0 defeats against Reading and Middlesboro. The final home game before Covid we lost 3-1 at home to QPR who had been down to 10 men at 1-1. Games like that set the tone that has continued unabated. Neil gave up on...
  5. N

Don’t rub it in I’m disappointed enough. It’s actually no consolation to me at all. Enjoyed that game tonight though.
  6. N

Maybe Wrexham will be promoted for the next couple of seasons if that is true. I agree that despite being mid table many of our players do not look Championship quality at present.
  7. N

Lowe Out

Can’t have been an easy watch for him but his fee from the BBC will compensate him.
  8. N

Probably will be next season
  9. N

We usually cause no problems to championship teams at home hence only 8 goals at home. We defended well in the first half but with zero threat going forwards. Once Son had unlocked us with a bit of quality there was little hop of us getting back into the game. To be honest we went out with a bit...
  10. N

CONFIRMED PNE v Spurs - Saturday 28/01/23 - KO:6PM GMT - Ticket Details

We did hold them to 1-1 in 1966 the last time we competed in the QF. I was on my uncles shoulders at the back of the Town End and on the back wall between battens when he needed a breather😊
  11. N

Show him the white card, ref!

Can’t take that seriously.
  12. N

It’s unlikely, but….

Agree. I think they will see this as a winnable competition which would ease the pressure on them.
  13. N

It’s unlikely, but….

Leave the applause and plaudits to the away support.
  14. N

CONFIRMED PNE v Spurs - Saturday 28/01/23 - KO:6PM GMT - Ticket Details

The first replay started and was abandoned with the score at 1-1
  15. N

The Premier league so far this season.

Think I’d better get a new tele because the shirts look blue on mine.
  16. N

Matchday Thread Birmingham City v PNE - 21/01/33 - KO:15:00 - Championship

All the other 7 two of which are currently top six
  17. N

Matchday Thread Birmingham City v PNE - 21/01/33 - KO:15:00 - Championship

We’ve exceeded expectations then for once.
  18. N

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Wouldn’t like him as my boss based on my limited knowledge of him.
  19. N

Sad news about a lifelong north end supporter

My sentiments exactly.
  20. N

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

You are correct on both counts. If the tactic was adopted we would have to do it in a measured manner. Would much sooner we just passed teams off the park but we are where we are and at least we are grinding out results.Away from home that is.