PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. Pumba

CONFIRMED FA Cup 4th Round Draw (Spurs Home)

Praying for a replay so I can go to the away game
  2. Pumba

Ginanluca Vialli

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64039302 Awful news, seemed like a stellar man. RIP
  3. Pumba

Tennis Thread 2022

Raducanu forced to retire during her second round match in Auckland. Looked like she was playing some decent stuff too. Got to feel for her, this constant stream of injuries must be taking a toll on her.
  4. Pumba

Matchday Thread England v France 10/12/22 - KO:19:00 - QF

Officials who were by and large pretty awful? You know I have time for you as a poster Justin but think this is a rather unusual hill to die on. He argued justly in my opinion. The French were no more dignified and, frankly, in a WC QF these small quibbles matter little IMO. I don’t think the...
  5. Pumba

Come off it man, Bellingham’s a fucking legend in the making. Clear as day. Yes, he whined, but only cos he wanted it more than anything.
  6. Pumba

Bang on assessment. Southgate should stay on this showing. I think he knows now we can take it to the big guns. One loss doesn’t change that
  7. Pumba

a team captained by Jude in 2026 might do it. but fuck it, i’ve given up hoping now. settling for cautious optimism
  8. Pumba

Southgate deserves some credit for tonight. Subs were weird as per (Grealish in the 96th minute? Really?) but he wasn’t afraid to take it to a good French side and we were unlucky not to emerge victorious
  9. Pumba

What a proper cunt Mbappe is btw, laughing when he missed. Walker had him in his back pocket all game, a superlative performance.
  10. Pumba

Major games mate. Messi scored and assisted in their QF against quality opposition. My argument holds as far as this tournament goes
  11. Pumba

Yeah but it’s obv the goal/assist count rather than the trophy count that matters. Kane has hardly any meaningful contributions in major games. The first penalty tonight, yes, but the second is clearly the more pivotal
  12. Pumba

Maybe, just maybe, there is something in @Double J ‘s claims about Kane in momentous games. I’m not trying to feed him here but the stats speak for themselves. He rarely turns up when he most has to.
  13. Pumba

think we’re overcommitting ourselves atm. bit of calm required
  14. Pumba

Costa Rica v Germany

hahahahaha Fuck. Germany. Japan should be everyone’s second team. Heroes.
  15. Pumba

Poland vs Argentina

Brazil look imperious atm and should be everyone’s clear favourites. As someone else has said on this thread, Argentina look like they could go up a gear. Spain always a threat. Portugal have looked handy so far. I’d put England in the secondary group of challengers, behind France and Brazil.
  16. Pumba

Poland vs Argentina

aye, he’d have guaranteed himself a break at the end of every season if he had (or halfway through this one, as it happens)
  17. Pumba

Poland vs Argentina

Argentina looking really useful now
  18. Pumba

England v Wales - 29/11/22 - KO:7pm (GMT) - Group B

Sorry but that’s pure revisionism. Practically everybody agreed that they were the best side in the tournament. Recent troubles should not negate previous excellence, however fleeting it was.
  19. Pumba

A team that, until recently, was routinely regarded as one of the best in the world? On the decline now, sure, but they were still very much a force in the Euros. Perhaps comfortable is overstating it but Italy deserved their win.
  20. Pumba

They definitely were not poor in the Euros. Dispatched Belgium fairly comfortably and went toe-to-toe with Spain in the semis and came out victorious. They played some of the best football of the tournament. A shock defeat in WC qualifying does not denote a poor team. If Jorginho had converted...