PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. W

Lowe Out

He had a real groundswell of support, evidenced by record numbers of season ticket sales and Deepdale as full as it has been for years. We’ve been told we’re going to play attacking football, we’re going to defend with 4 and attack with 6 (or whatever he said because it was something like that)...
  2. W

The Brand.

At one point during the first half, Browne ended up on the left wing - no issue with that, he was trying to make things happen going forward and was supporting his attacking players (he must have forgotten the script). The issue was nobody stepped back to full back to cover for him, Whiteman...
  3. W

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

The thing that most interested me was the distinction between Marsh and Lowe - Marsh is in charge of training for when we don’t have the ball, Lowe when we have it. I wonder if the manager might need to ask for help with his share of the training responsibilities?
  4. W

It’s very possible they’ll go up this year and next. They could well be with us in the third division for 24/25. I actually think they’ll find it harder to get up this year than next with only the two teams going up - a rule that needs changing.
  5. W

Rhiann Brewster? I believe Jebbison kicked out but not caught totally on camera.
  6. W

Lowe Out

Life‘s too short to watch the recording of last night’s borefest, so does anyone know what the general reaction was like from the BBC last night? These Wrexham players and management team don’t appear to have read and digested the instruction manual on how to approach a cup tie against much...
  7. W

Lowe Out

He’s not saying they didn’t put in effort - he’s saying that’s a minimum requirement of a professional football team.
  8. W

Alan Browne

Nothing odd at all. Potts doesn’t defend as well as Browne did last night - and when Potts has played on the right he’s been up against far inferior players than Browne last night.
  9. W

Lowe Out

We’re also, at the moment, losing Brady at the end of the season - in my opinion the stand out player in our team, the only one who really tries to get us moving forward with a bit of skill. He didn’t look impressed at coming off last night. There’s no way a top division side pays £5 million...
  10. W

This week in tory run Britain

What they didn’t put in their headline was how he’s going to do it. His flagship policy seems to be raising the lifetime limit on pension pots, guess who that would benefit most? I also suspect that wouldn’t be just about (for instance) 52 year old GPs going back to work. They also talk about...
  11. W

Preston Cup Upsets

Some may say Wolves around 1983 when we beat them home and away but they were bottom of the top division by some distance - although we were near the bottom of the third division. Maybe Derby in 1979, they’d been league champions a few years earlier?
  12. W

I did wonder about who was saying that and wondered if it was the reporter. I suppose if he told them to go out and defend as a whole team, play a succession of long balls and hope for a mistake from multi million pound defenders than they were doing exactly as instructed. Maybe the...
  13. W

Seriously? Proud? Took the game to them?
  14. W

CONFIRMED Ched Evans signs new contract.

He was the only attacking player who played it like it was the cup tie it should have been.
  15. W

The difference is we believed we’d win that game, we tried to win that game and we created excitement.
  16. W

It took me 10 minutes to realise he was on the pitch, when he can’t play his little 5 yard sideways and backwards passes he disappears. That story about Fulham must be a wind up because no top scout is going to look at him and say I’ll have some of that.
  17. W

There’s possibly only Brady who isn’t.
  18. W

I’d settle for a game that I enjoy!
  19. W

It was too late but I’m struggling to remember him touching the ball.
  20. W

Browne was good at least the first 45 minutes and probably up until about the hour - until he tired. The utterly anonymous Whiteman and Hollywood ight as well not have turned up.