Search results

1. N

Next labour leader

He's deliberately conflating different points to his own ends. He knows what he's doing. He is happy to promote a right wing tabloid simplistic view which plays on people's prejudices. He talks about nuances when it suits his argument. But very happy to put forward a knuckle-headed version of...
  2. N

Next labour leader

You're trolling and you know it.
  3. N

Next labour leader

Neither do you. You are fast to vilify others for not being able to see nuance in the areas which you wish them to but happy to completely overlook them when it suits your argument.
  4. N

Next labour leader

history will be far kinder to him than- Virtually all of the media and his own party. Has a politician ever been so misrepresented? True to his convictions.
  5. N

This corona virus thing...

Yes and the other a dedicated experienced nurse who started off in housekeeping. A big loss the both of them.
  6. N

Pay cut

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/03/premier-league-clubs-will-ask-players-to-take-30-per-cent-wage-drop-cuts-deferrals
  7. N

Meanwhile 2 nurses both in their 30s have passed away with the virus in the last 24 hours. Absolutely tragic.
  8. N

I might be wrong but isn't there a 4 week 'lag' in between infection and the patient dying? I don't want to be the gloom merchant but it hasn't been 4 weeks since the end of the festival.
  9. N

It's interesting about the Cheltenham festival going ahead, I live in Gloucester and on all the graphs we keep seeing the south west has the lowest amount of deaths, I actually thought we would have seen more in the last week because of the races Is the bit in bold not your answer?
  10. N

Can all concerned sort it out with a few bouts of Streetfighter. Maybe we can all watch online?
  11. N

Meanwhile, this could be a game changer for parents. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/03/bbc-launches-daily-educational-shows-keep-children-studying
  12. N

Unless she says she's giving away a large part of her estate and a load of cash the I'm not interested.
  13. N

Ouch! Hope you're wrong.
  14. N

Glad to see you back.(y)
  15. N

How valuable an asset are the experienced gangs of pickers and packers? Some of the folks nobly taking up jobs in the fields are about to find how hard it is to keep up the pace and maintain the quality. Some will make the grade but some will throw the towel in before they get there.
  16. N

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjS1oWAgczoAhUtQkEAHZqPCSgQ0PADMAB6BAgKEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2F2020%2Fapr%2F02%2Ftrump-coronavirus-briefing-jared-kushner-witch-hunt&usg=AOvVaw2vTZT_jRAQBGjncptQRkEi Bond villain?
  17. N

Is anyone else not missing the footy?

Referring to my all time favourite quote, “For when the One Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He writes - not that you won or lost - But HOW you played the Game. I'm watching 'football' to see how they are playing this one. For me Spurs are bottom of the league.
  18. N

**Attend his funeral I should say.
  19. N

Just read that the siblings of 13 year old lad who died from the virus are now displaying symptoms. It means that none of his immediate family will be able to attend. Just awful. Thoughts with them today.
  20. N

I have always been told that it matters not the size of the wand but the magic that it weaves. I suspect she was just being nice though.