PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results for query: *

Forum search Google search

1. Oh Hughie Costello

Run down Preston

Coincidentally just driven through the same area on my way back home and saw many of the same things. One thing I would say about the litter is that the majority of it seemed to be either on or coming from commercial premises or private land. One of the worst offending businesses was definitely...
  2. Oh Hughie Costello

Latest Preston Mural

Wow, looks even better now with the background detail. Certainly done Sir Tom proud.
  3. Oh Hughie Costello

Latest Preston Mural

I noticed that too, almost like the original image has been flipped so if you're copying it looks right but in reality it's wrong. Only a minor detail that most won't notice but Sir Tom deserves his to be perfect. As others have said, there's a few decent murals up now. Be great if we could...
  4. Oh Hughie Costello

Bamber Bridge FC Pre-Season 2024/25

Went on but missed both goals so left thinking it was a good start for the "trialist" goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet. Only a youngster but rumours are he'd familiar to anyone who watched Blackburn under 18s last season. Decent turnout from Fleetwood today, wasn't expecting many to be on but...
  5. Oh Hughie Costello

General Election 4th July 2024 (Exit Poll added)

Whilst no doubt there are some Reform voters who are outright "racist" in the Alf Garnett sense of the term the majority are technically "nationalists" and side with what they see as they're own "tribe" first - White British of Christian heritage. The election result shows a labour landslide...
  6. Oh Hughie Costello

Cycling

Indeed, pro road cycling doesn't have the same tribalism of many other sports, partly because the teams are so fluid with some riders switching teams almost every year and some teams merging when sponsors take over. But also, the other riders respect what Cav has achieved and what his...
  7. Oh Hughie Costello

Corporation Street Bus Gate

Apparently the fines are being issued from today which is only going to cause more agro for those operating it because there was no prior warning of the actual date it would go live. Saw people still driving through it earlier but I suspect anyone who appeals the fine in the next few days will...
  8. Oh Hughie Costello

General Election 4th July 2024 (Exit Poll added)

Bhailok lives in Moyes's old house on the Fulwood/grimsargh border. Be interesting to see if Preston's Indian Muslim population (who make up the largest percentage of "Asians" in Preston) vote for him as it's possibly in their interest to do so. Might even get a few in Fishwick giving him his...
  9. Oh Hughie Costello

Leagues 1, 2, National League and below.

Absolutely overcoached, with players now playing to instructions first and going on instincts second. Massive rise in the amount of players who don't even like football playing the game professionally because they happen to be good at it and it pays very well. They can sit through four hours of...
  10. Oh Hughie Costello

I went to the play-off game at Victory park in May, worst game I saw all season, and it even dragged out to penalties! Barton missed an absolute sitter on around 25 minutes which just sums him up. Justin Johnson for Chorley has since signed for Macclesfield but the wages they pay are probably...
  11. Oh Hughie Costello

Even at brig the vast majority have had a scholarship with a pro club, if not a pro contract for a couple of years. There's a lad signed this summer, Olly Molloy, who's come up through the ranks at Fulwood Amateurs but then there's other like Nathan Caine who started out at Mansfield on a...
  12. Oh Hughie Costello

Actually Curzon Ashton aren't full-time but Barton was the first player I could think of to make my point who people on here might have heard of.
  13. Oh Hughie Costello

Full time teams do have the advantage over strength and fitness but what you will now get in the National League North/South is the "worst" professional players coming up against the "best" semi-pro players. For example, Adam Barton has the size and strength but ambles around the pitch and...
  14. Oh Hughie Costello

PNE v Swindon (Play Off Final)

Did Linda Moon make the cut in the one hour version? What about the woman from Oldham who'd won a competition for tickets in the corporate section and stole Beckford's shirt from some kid?
  15. Oh Hughie Costello

Life Stories - Why are you there?

My grandad did it. Was a member of both clubs supporters club. However, he was from Lancaster originally and moved to Preston just before the war and then joined the navy at 18 so was overseas for the majority of time until he was able to return home aged 21 so his connection with Preston NE...
  16. Oh Hughie Costello

Life Stories - Why are you there?

Born in Sharoe Green in 1984 - was a Saturday at 1:13pm and the records state we played Bradford at home on that day but I didn't make it on Deepdale until 1992. Also apparently the day that Stuart Beavon was born. Grew up on Brookfield before moving to Fulwood. Went to uni in Sheffield and...
  17. Oh Hughie Costello

Means that ex-North Ender Nicky Hunt has also left the club. Savage was practically manager anyway previously if the stories are true of what he's been like. Already in the dugout for some games rather than in the stand like normal directors. Emilie Heskey will be coaching at the club on...
  18. Oh Hughie Costello

Been round town today

A few weeks ago some local dickheads had nicked a motorbike and were riding round on it, causing a general nuisance. Three of them on it, no helmets on but driving at 50mph+ in a 30 and going on the pavement to undertake vehicles. The police helicopter was out tracking them and 3/4 response in...
  19. Oh Hughie Costello

Interview with Steve Cowell (Surf)

Interesting move for him, Chorley are certainly investing in parts this summer: ground improvements, pitch improvements, signed a couple of players who should be decent for the National League North and topped it off with Surf. When that Prince guy from London took over in the summer I...
  20. Oh Hughie Costello

Been round town today

Hopefully in the next 2/3 years some new decent businesses might choose to open up on Friargate - the area now at least has potential. I've always thought that Action Records would do a lot better at that end but sometimes it's better the devil you know. As for the bus gate, that's only the tip...