PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results for query: *

Forum search Google search

1. J

Ownership Review with Rothschild (Sky News)

Maybe the Saudi guy who is selling Sheffield Utd fancies another project, that could be bought for around 20% of what he's getting for the blades. Also, as others have mentioned, CH could get full ownership with another partner(s). The problem behind such ideas is PR seeking out and brokering...
  2. J

Help Save the Deepdale Labour Club

Does anyone know if having a membership at Deepdale Labour Club still allows you to sign in to New Meadow Street Labour Club? A few years ago Deepdale Labour Club was CIU Affiliated, so you could go in both clubs, but not sure if that's still the case.
  3. J

Summer 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Aye, leave Potts there so we can look forward to two more assists next season , one of which was from his own half.
  4. J

Leeds owe over £60M (was £90M before they sold Gray) in late transfer payments on top of other debt. Ridsdale can pull levers with EFL regards punishment for late payment of transfer installments, so hopefully we've learnt our lesson from Millar and have a option to buy at an agreed price.
  5. J

CONFIRMED Alan Browne - Leaves PNE

He has been paid handsomely for each game he's played and taken the exit route that is most favourable to him. Another saleable asset the club has not capitalised on. Good luck to the lad. Best decision for all concerned, but should have done it 12 months ago and got some cash into the club, in...
  6. J

I think it's a big season ( either with or without a loan) for Noah. For what it's worth I think he's more advanced and more of a physical presence than Browne was at the same age. If Browne does sign back on, in my opinion it should be as an attacking Right Back in a back 4. Even when he does...
  7. J

I've been saying for 3 years we're terrible at throw ins, both ball retention for ours and defending them. Basic, fundamental that most people learn as kids is someone picks up the thrower. Just watch their 3rd goal yesterday, Browne just wat he's the thrower stroll past him and it's far from...
  8. J

Matchday Thread WBA v PNE 4/5/24 - KO: 12:30 - Championship

The most interesting thing about today's match will probably be trying to spot any potential new owners in the stand. Safe journey to everyone travelling to the Hawthorns. I just hope the players put as much effort in as you have.
  9. J

An Outsider's View of Preston History

You can't buy history like that - our maybe you can.........
  10. J

Matchday Thread PNE v Hull City - 02/03/24 - KO:3PM - Championship

It definitely looked like Keane was pulled back as he tried to reach the ball that came back off the keeper. Should have been a penalty and sending off from our view in the STFS.
  11. J

How does the rest of the season pan out

We get reeled in towards the bottom 3 at a rate of 4 points/month, but Lowe Ridsdale and The Family look the other way and pretend it's not happening.
  12. J

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

We effectively outsourced this to MRKT. A trio of grown men who about 3 years ago tried to have a go at playing FM for real. IF they identified Mads and Millar then fair play, but thats a poor return on a 2 years or so of exclusivity.
  13. J

I honestly don't think they want Browne to sign a new contract. Just like with Davis, Pearson and DJ, it's seen as an opportunity to prune the squad and reduce running costs. As with previous examples, Ridsdale has gone out of his way to let it be known that a contract has been offered by the...
  14. J

Sack Ridsdale for a start. There's simply got to be better out there. Young blood, enthusiasm, new ideas, better, more recent contacts.
  15. J

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

Ipswich had 38 attempts at goal and hit the woodwork 3 times. I wouldn't anticipate an easy game, in fact, just the opposite.
  16. J

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

Finally the penny might just be dropping, but I won't hold my breath. He gets no slack from me for picking the team/tactics at 4pm that he should've picked at 2pm. Fortunately we weren't 0-2 down at halftime, which on another day could well have been the case. A very welcome 3 points.
  17. J

Matchday Thread Chelsea v PNE - 6/01/24 - KO:5:30pm - FA Cup 3rd Round.

With Riis and Osmajic upfront and Best at Leftback behind Millar.
  18. J

POLL: Should Peter Ridsdale retire?

We may never know the real situation, but if Ridsdale has been tasked with finding a buyer (on a commission basis, possibly), he's never going to walk, as he's on a "win win". They should offer him a directorship so he can pitch in with his share of funding the club. That would flush him.out I...
  19. J

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

Pure speculation, but IF the owners were in some sort of negotiations with a potential buyer, then that's a scenario which could explain not sacking RL for having a worse record than Westley etc? Why would they spend money potting him, in such circumstances.