PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results for query: *

• Users: wld
  • Order by date

Forum search Google search

1. W

UK Politics

I don’t think the article mentions it but the benefit cap excludes disability benefits like AA, PIP and DLA - so benefits going into many families can be higher than the headline cap.
  2. W

UK Politics

I suppose they had to make a point, especially so early in their tenure. As for abstaining, I think members of the PLP are allowed to abstain on votes if it’s a matter of conscience. I presume some were paired as well, including Starmer, Reeves and Lammy. The Tories abstaining was an even...
  3. W

UK Politics

It’s clear as day what’s gong to happen - the cap will be scrapped but not yet because of the shambles left behind the previous government. My reservations about Starmer and his team were many but they are proving themselves to be responsible, fair and more grown up than their predecessors...
  4. W

This corona virus thing...

I’ve had it last week and this and although I’ve been rough as a dog it’s not as bad as when I had it pre vaccines. Of course it might be because I’ve had it before (twice) that it’s not as bad but I’m with you about the vaccine. Shame I’m not old enough just yet 😄 I honestly wouldn’t want to...
  5. W

Matchday Thread PNE v Tranmere - Pre Season Friendly (Euxton).

I wouldn’t be that fussed if they all moved on but there are some on the staff who might be worth a bit (not much but something). The only exception is Riis, it’s absurd if we’re not talking to him about a contract.
  6. W

Leagues 1, 2, National League and below.

They had some ‘money’ behind them then. As is often the case, the money and promises never happened.
  7. W

Malcolm Allison?
  8. W

Lancashire Cricket Ground - Farington

Yes, the thought had crossed my mind about lack of permanent seating on the plans but surely they’ll be adding something? I can’t decide when games are more likely but I’m edging towards when the hundred is on and peak pop concert season - so maybe June, July and August, for championship and...
  9. W

I liked him but you’re right, he did shout a lot!
  10. W

Sounds close enough!
  11. W

We used to do that at Cuthbert May in 1981. Mr Rainford was somewhat of a pioneer!
  12. W

I used to watch friendlies and, unless my mind is playing tricks on me, there were never those sorts of substitutions - and definitely not the on/off/back on types of changes. I don’t know if everyone does it like that now but it doesn’t half seem a bit bonkers.
  13. W

Scapegoats found?
  14. W

Lancashire Cricket Ground - Farington

I was just looking through this earlier. I go past several times a week and I’m a little surprised at how well it’s going as you can’t see the whole site from the road. 2026 for first team cricket sounds very promising and exciting.
  15. W

And Jim Steel will rough up our centre halves.
  16. W

A club that beat Liverpool in the cup in the extra preliminary round - Worcester City. I think they reached the semis of the FA Vase last year, so maybe on the way back.
  17. W

Former PNE Players Thread

I’ve never seen footage of him coming back on, I think he got a ban the following season for that. The ‘tackle’ was a bit rum, deserved a straight red at least but nice to see Bryson and Raynor thinking it was arguable!
  18. W

Lowe on Contracts.

And the question has to be asked, if he thought Woodburn was quality why did he let him go?
  19. W

Forum Members list

That’s what I was thinking too 😉