Search results

1. Rubadub

Reading (a)

It's nice to be able to talk about an upcoming game again, isn't it? International qualifiers don't do anything for me, just can't get into it. Neither does rugby union, for that matter. Having said that, Reading away isn't a particularly inspiring game either! They must be one of our bogey...
  2. Rubadub

International Watch

Just keeping an eye on those called up for international duty over the next fortnjght, and praying that we don't pick up any injuries along the way! We've got: Republic of Ireland - Maguire and Browne Fixtures - Gibraltar (23rd March), Georgia (26th March) Wales - Maxwell Fixtures - Trinidad...
  3. Rubadub

Team v Birmingham

The injuries are mounting up once again! Other than Bodin and Harrop, it seems we are waiting on the return to fitness of Robinson, Potts, Barkhuizen, Moult, Clarke, and now Browne and potentially Gallagher - though his substitution might have been tactical. I think Potts will be back for this...
  4. Rubadub

Pearson 3 game ban

He's going to get another 3 yellows before the end of the season, its inevitable. This leads to a 3 game ban. If you had to pick 3 games from Sheff Weds away (earliest he can be suspended) which would they be? Sheff Weds (a) Derby (h) Reading (a) Leeds (h) QPR (a) Norwich (h) Sheff Utd (a)...
  5. Rubadub

What a difference a year makes

I know this comparison has been done recently, but it's interesting to see how we stand now versus last season, after 11 games. 11 places, 7 points and 9 goals better off this time around. Also interesting to note that the 3 teams promoted last season were all in the top 6 at this stage...
  6. Rubadub

Dates for the diary

Just came across the following that gives key dates for next season: http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/keydates.aspx 17th June then we can start planning for some great away trips!
  7. Rubadub

Nicky Maynard

Apparently going out on loan to a League One club today. Would you have him, bad attitude and all? Personally I would, not good enough for the Premiership based on his time at West Ham or Cardiff but he's still a good Championship player. His injury means that he's not had a consistent run in a...
  8. Rubadub

Pubs in London for the second leg?

I'm going to be in central London on Thursday 15th (pity we aren't playing Orient away in the second leg). Any suggestions for a pub to watch the game in?
  9. Rubadub

Promotion pack games left this year

I've got too much time on my hands today, watching Sunday football so I've had a look at the December league games for each of the top 5 - the only teams I feel capable of challenging for the top 2 spots. This is how I see it going over the next 4 games: 1. Leyton Orient: 43 pts Bradford (a...
  10. Rubadub

Strength In Depth

I mentioned this on another thread. It strikes me that we have real options in our 3-5-2 formation, in most areas we have players who can come in and do a job. GK: Rudd, Stuckmann RCB: Clarke CB: Huntington LCB: Wright RWB: Humphrey, Nicholson LWB: Laird, Buchanan CDM: Keane, Welsh CM...
  11. Rubadub

Kevin Davies on Talksport (yet again)

http://m.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/130806/davies-crowd-trouble-and-prestons-league-one-chances-203137?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed "Preston North End striker Kevin Davies looks back on victory against Blackpool in the Capital One Cup and the resulting pitch invasion...
  12. Rubadub

The question is

Can Grayson get the team to perform to this level week in week out? The first game against Wolves was a good performance in front of a big gate - some players first competitive games at Deepdale, first game of the season, all adds up to get the players buzzing and striving to start strongly...
  13. Rubadub

Mourinho returns to Chelsea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22574810 Worst kept secret in football, it was on the cards weeks ago. Well pleased with this, he's good for the game and I can't wait to see him and Di Canio fall out with each other.
  14. Rubadub

League One Grounds 2013-14

Saw this on twitter and thought it might be of interest Looking forward to another trip to Bristol City, Wolves and Bradford should be decent too. Can't really say the same about going to Gillingham or Colchester. Not too many local grounds this year - oh to be in the Championship...
  15. Rubadub

Highlights

When the hell do they appear online? Bloody frustrating for us exiles/shit fans!
  16. Rubadub

Top 5 after 12 games

Just had a listen to Westley's pre-Bury interview on Player, he was talking about realistic ambitions, and said that he believes that top 5 after 12 games is well within our grasp and he will be disappointed if it isn't the case. Looking at our next 8 league games then, and the results of them...
  17. Rubadub

Westley admits to rule-breaking

I couldn't care less that he broke the rules, even for us £5k is easy to swallow. We're through, no new injuries which may have occurred had we put tired players out, and we can say we beat Carlisle with our reserves.
  18. Rubadub

Highlights

Online/on tv anywhere?
  19. Rubadub

Lasers embarrassing themselves again

Following Blackpool's defeat to Leicester, the Lashers have taken it upon themselves to wish death and life-destroying illness to Jamie Vardy and his family: @phil_bfcquatre: @vardy7 You fucking diving prick, I hope everyone associated with you does of aids. It's fucking sport pal, why the need...
  20. Rubadub

mypne.com

Has anyone else encountered problems when trying to buy tickets online? I click 'choose seats' and then can go no further. In Chrome I get 'error loading theme data' and in Explorer it just loads a blank page. Any expert help?