Search results

1. N

Summer Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

I didn't know that this had been agreed on
  2. N

New statement from PNE re U 23 team

Hi Lea and welcome on board. Regarding the above, is it just a lazy excuse or is it actually fact? As Charles Dickins wrote in his book 'David Copperfield': and this is still true today in all walks of life including football. Just ask Sheffield Wednesday, Macclesfield Town, Bolton Wanderers...
  3. N

New statement from PNE re U 23 team

We have also beat Norwich City in the FA Youth Cup 3-0 I think it was, and I believe they are Cat 1
  4. N

Lee Johnson: Bristol City head coach sacked by Championship club

Could Paul Simpson be 2nd in command and Dean Holden’s assistant? https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/208264-paul-simpson/#comments
  5. N

I would have agreed with you at the start of last season and even during the January transfer window however, given the current situation non of us know what the finances are of all the other Championship club
  6. N

It all depends upon the individual situation with each of the other clubs and how they have been hit/affected since the CV lock down and no money as such coming in to the clubs since then
  7. N

Are the Championship clubs also going to vote on having a salary cap and if so, when? Thanks
  8. N

Neil Out?

Good reply, I like it (y)
  9. N

Neil Out?

But they are taking their time and backing a right meal of it, therefore I'm not as confident as you are regarding this. (y)
  10. N

Jack Armer to Carlisle

How could we not afford to offer them both a contract? Crazy
  11. N

Neil Out?

Yet what good is that if City cannot deliver? How many times since we were promoted together have they ended the season below us? And, how much more have they wasted in transfer fees than we have during that time on these 'decent players'? I guess that Sunderland and Portsmouth & maybe others...
  12. N

General Championship Thread

On this showing whoever does go up will be coming straight back down
  13. N

Neil Out?

You are quite right sedge and I apologise (y)
  14. N

Neil Out?

Incorrect, you should look things up to make sure they are actually factual rather than guess and state something totally wrong.
  15. N

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

I read sedgwick_7's post differently to you and obviously that is why I posted as I did. As for the rest of your post I agree with you on the whole. As for the PNE version of Goodwin's Law, most definitely (y) BTW the worst manager we have had IMHO besides GW is Tommy Docherty ;)
  16. N

I was not using 1986 to justify ongoing poor management of the club, I was responding to sedgwick_7's post which was: I don't know how long he has been a supporter of North End for, so I made my response as I feared for the club's existence back then, and that is why I posted what I did. I...
  17. N

But I had more worries of going out the league or having to re-apply that following season than I have of being relegated next season. Until we know what is happening with AN and contract extensions I think some people are over reacting. Every season since we have come back up it’s been doom...
  18. N

Old PNE Songs

There was also, ‘Paul Raynor running down the wing’ to the Robin Hood TV theme tune