Search results

1. J

Exam results

In fairness looking at the state of the output on these boards I bet we’ve not got many English A level A grades either. Being your native language isn’t always going to mean we know the exam related content too
  2. J

Exam results

I thought that did happen to, like a mini OFSTED but they get other schools in to watch some lessons and review some work and vice versa to help them measure if they are assessing correctly. But maybe that’s happening where places have the resources to just about manage it but not everywhere...
  3. J

Exam results

so speaking to her she said where predicted grades aren’t normally collated Nationally or even locally but an internal resource through her experience. Then it comes down to things like how long your department has worked together i.e newer departments or teachers are less accurate and maybe...
  4. J

Exam results

it presumably must have been obvious when they ran the moderation where it had happened, why they didn’t then focus on those to provide more evidence or rationale is odd (i.e. for A levels at my partners school everyone got their assessed grades it seems which is either a very lucky anomaly or...
  5. J

Exam results

And part two
  6. J

Exam results

Whilst this has a bit too much hyperbole at some points it covers it from most angles about why it’s not been the right decision and covers some of the queries around mocks etc
  7. J

Exam results

I think education unions liked the idea of teachers assessing grades that’s for certain
  8. J

Exam results

Sorry edited previous post to add more detail
  9. J

Exam results

under 15 students taking a course and it wasn’t taken into account so smaller schools/colleges and less popular courses weren’t impacted as much
  10. J

Exam results

yep, they were completely onboard with teacher assessments completely off board government intervention. Do keep up
  11. J

Exam results

because you didn’t understand it or just because you could?
  12. J

Coronavirus science and statistics(no politics)

trevor is 8th edit: it’s a bit sneaky as that was the bottom of the market and pretty much everything has recovered since then. If they showed what their wealth was a month or two earlier it probably would have been similar
  13. J

Local clubs which had live entertainment

Eric the singing postman(never actually seen him apart from some facebook stuff but he was Chair at Cadley Boys and knew everyone used to greet him like a minor celeb)
  14. J

Riddler statement.

busmans holiday?
  15. J

Exam results

So only going on what was done by my partners school but they all prepared details on the classes they taught based on all the metrics they had recorded for each child since they had started at the school and all the test results/mock results along the way and then graded each of the kids as to...
  16. J

Exam results

So I don't know how many school kids take the exams but there were something like 300,000 A level students, so maybe add another 100k to that for high schools, each of those 400k kids takes what maybe 8 GCSEs, So you think those in charge will be able to, and the critical words here are...
  17. J

This corona virus thing...

Isn't the guidance normally around 30% (guess 300/800 is 37.5%) because it's hard if everyone is distanced as a single person but if you have groupings of people i.e. like 50 groups of 6 people, then they can fit more in, thought that was how they mentioned football grounds would work too. Also...
  18. J

That Trump fella.

Was just reading that elsewhere, he really is subhuman. Same thing over and over yet people let him get away with it and worse still repeat it
  19. J

Is it time for Hemmings to finally go?

It's from some very linear research that someone chucked together which has so many flaws in it The table is in the middle of this page, stuff like everyone buys a ticket and a pie and pint on the day etc...
  20. J

Exam results

given every appeal presumably has to be “exceptional circumstances” as no papers were actually marked by a centre