Search results

1. Pumba

Test Cricket 2021

Never had the fortune to see him play (peaked a few years before I started watching cricket) but heard he was a real swashbuckler of a cricketer, always value for money.
  2. Pumba

Test Cricket 2021

Good on Sri Lanka for making a fist of it today and yesterday. Made what was a very dull match into something of a contest. England should sweep home tomorrow though.
  3. Pumba

Test Cricket 2021

Another cracking day in that series. Wish I’d been able to watch some of it. Aussies looking vulnerable at home to what is nearly a second string India. Maybe next winter isn’t a foregone conclusion for once.
  4. Pumba

Test Cricket 2021

Slater?
  5. Pumba

An confirms Ben Pearson to Leave .

Just a rumour going round on here bud. Hence why I said “if true”.
  6. Pumba

An confirms Ben Pearson to Leave .

Very surprised to hear he’s refusing to play. Doesn’t strike me as the type. If it’s true, he really can fuck off. No time for that. Davies has been honest with the club about wanting to leave but exemplary on the pitch when asked to perform and be professional. BP could learn a thing or two...
  7. Pumba

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 16/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Happy with that lineup. Been said ad nauseam but our options in the middle of the park are unreal now.
  8. Pumba

Marcus Rashford

Maybe not but your mum must have to produce someone as brain dead as you.
  9. Pumba

The Premier league so far this season.

Want United to win to make it really interesting. Don’t think they’ll win the title but I want it to be a good race.
  10. Pumba

Derby

Really wouldn’t surprise me if we’re in for a couple of Derby players given TH’s pursuit of Lowe at Wigan during the previous window.
  11. Pumba

Ben Whiteman Joins PNE (Confirmed)

Fuck, of course.
  12. Pumba

?
  13. Pumba

Is he still managing? Thought he had his last job about 5 years ago... Edit: I was right. He hasn’t managed since 2014.
  14. Pumba

January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Just judging from that picture and the interview with Browney after the Derby game, we might bemoan AN’s lack of charisma in front of the camera but he clearly gets on well with his players and amuses them.
  15. Pumba

Rooney named Derby Permanent Manager

I’m repeating myself here but read an article in The Athletic (top footy magazine btw) in which many tipped Rooney to become a serious force in management. His dedication and hunger to know more about the discipline are second to none apparently. Probably what made him such a great player for a...
  16. Pumba

Plus Darren = 4. It’s a bit of a dispiriting number regardless. To be honest, I think we’re seeing even more BAME involvement on the playing side of things than we ever have at the moment. So maybe it will be with the next generation of managers when this statistic is rectified.
  17. Pumba

Actually, Keith Curle is at Northampton. So 4.
  18. Pumba

Well yeah, absolutely. There’s barely any. Think Sol Campbell is knocking about somewhere but can’t remember where. Edit: Oh no, he left Southend last year. 3 out of 92 along with the names listed above. Sheesh.
  19. Pumba

Really happy to see Moore doing well at Doncaster, thought he was treated very harshly by West Brom. Also good for the game that a black manager is moderately successful at the moment. Wouldn’t be against seeing him here if Neil were to leave in the near future.
  20. Pumba

Test Cricket 2021

Didn’t even realise this Lawrence is playing. He any good? Average is nothing special but shown with Trescothick, Vaughan and, to a lesser extent, Crawley, that isn’t too much to worry about.