Search results

1. Mr Meeseeks

January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

This is similar to the Whiteman situation with Donny fans. Ultimately we’re an established club in the division who will pay more money than Luton, that’s all there is to it. Can cry all they like about us being “midtable” and “living in the past” the fact is we’re are much more appealing than...
  2. Mr Meeseeks

Podcast

Fair shout. I didn't realise he'd completely separated the two for that reason, thought Roaming Eights was something additional/separate. Sensible decision and good luck to him moving forward.
  3. Mr Meeseeks

Podcast

Fully agree with all of this. The lad is clearly a very talented statistical analyst and will no doubt go very far in the media with this or even at a football club itself. Whether you agree of disagree with stats they are a part of the ever changing landscape of football and clubs are putting a...
  4. Mr Meeseeks

I think Burton being bottom of league tells that story for you. He was very highly thought of at Wolves and I’m surprised they’ve sold him and not just loaned him. The lad is 21 years of age, have we not just seen a similar conversation about Nmecha scoring 0 goals at Boro and Wolfsburg?
  5. Mr Meeseeks

Niall Ennis to Plymouth is a great signing, thought he may have ended up in the Championship. Wonder if that opens up the door for Jephcott to leave? If not that’s some firepower in League 1. Fair play.
  6. Mr Meeseeks

Would love him back but I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before he would never play under Neil again. Can anyone confirm if I have that right and if so what happened?
  7. Mr Meeseeks

He was very raw whilst with ourselves. Raw pace, raw power and it was clear he had a lot of talent but it needed fine tuning. His assist at Ewood was typical of him, dusted the defender and shrugged him off like he wasn't there. As much as I thought he was decent for us, I must admit I looked...
  8. Mr Meeseeks

I think there is definitely a middle ground between Hunts and Davies and I think that is the kind of player we will end up signing. We've been spoilt with Davies's calmness and composure on the ball, most centre halves at this level aren't like that. But then they'e not all old fashioned hoofers...
  9. Mr Meeseeks

This 100%. As much as I’d love a couple of ball playing defenders to bring it out from the back, right now we’re struggling to even do the basics. Let’s address the defending situation and go from there. All decent sides are built from a solid platform at the back.
  10. Mr Meeseeks

Ng on our radar? Looks a talent as does Pickering.
  11. Mr Meeseeks

So it would seem the club have identified Sonny Bradley. A few people have said he looks decent and can play out from the back as well as being a unit. My question was who does the poster believe would be a better option.
  12. Mr Meeseeks

Serious question here, not digging out or anything but what left sided centre halves would you have in mind to replace him? We’ve been spoilt in having a ball-playing, left-footed centre half in Davies. There really aren’t many about at this level at all.
  13. Mr Meeseeks

Sonny Bradley and Cedric Kipre would be a cracking pair of experienced and well balanced centre backs. Bradley on a cut-price deal suits us down to the ground. And Kipre on a loan would be ideal too.
  14. Mr Meeseeks

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 16/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - Championship

The depth on that bench is miles away from where it was just a few weeks ago. Ledson, Molumby and Riis can make arguments to start, Potts too I suppose. Great feeling to have so much competition for places.
  15. Mr Meeseeks

DJ hasn’t hit the heights of last season and we all know why with the contract situation. Calling him lazy is actually a lazy statement itself, he certainly isn’t. Not convinced people calling him lazy are profiling though, I think that’s unfair to suggest. Potts also gets hit with the lazy...
  16. Mr Meeseeks

Wow, so at this rate we need a couple of RB's in my eyes. Even more odd then that we didn't move for Callum Johnson in the summer.
  17. Mr Meeseeks

Ben Whiteman Joins PNE (Confirmed)

It was the below two I had seen. He gets glowing praise from a few different football analysts for his ball progression and forward passing.
  18. Mr Meeseeks

Ben Whiteman Joins PNE (Confirmed)

Completely disagree re Fisher. I know people on here aren’t mad on stats but I saw a chart on Twitter that shows for a RB or any full back in the league he has the highest progression of the ball and successful long passes played. Take the stats away from it and just using naked eye, again he’s...
  19. Mr Meeseeks

Looks decent to be fair, fills a gap for them for now as it would us. Sure we’d have had a look at this though and seeing as a CB is a priority you can only assume we have other irons in the fire.
  20. Mr Meeseeks

Plastics after Kipre to follow up the Branthwaite signing. Feel that’s one we should be all over.