Search results

1. L

Match Day Thread - Birmingham City v PNE 20/01/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Let’s hope we’re ON it tonight. If we’re not we’re probably in for another disappointing night. COYW
  2. L

January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

If they had, it would be handy for when they ship out Bradley.
  3. L

They must be bigger than us, they’ve got an airport. It’s plane to see.
  4. L

I agree with you regarding Lowe, and the same probably applies to Armstrong. The only 2 that would have suited AN’s system imo are Moore and Toney. I think Toney would have been a massive signing for us. And, as Jim Bowen always used to say, let’s have a look at what you could have won!
  5. L

We all know about those and plenty others that got away😉but all the ones mentioned are current and at a time that we could have done with one of them.
  6. L

And Perry Ng has signed for Cardiff for an undisclosed fee. 3.5 year deal.
  7. L

I think any of the respected itkers on here will put you right on that one. We tried to sign Toney before he signed for Peterborough....fact We tried to sign Armstrong but he chose Blackburn over us....fact. We tried to sign Lowe before he chose Swansea.....fact. We tried to sign Moore but...
  8. L

To take this a step further, we obviously had money availability because we spent £Xm on Bayliss and had we used that money at the time we tried to buy all the above, I reckon we could have signed anyone of them...maybe with the exception of Armstrong who may have been swayed by Mowbray who he’d...
  9. L

On the other hand, we’ve been previously linked with 5 of the top 9 on that list. I’m pretty sure we’ve been linked at some stage with Toney, Armstrong, Lowe, Woodrow & Moore so maybe if we signed our first choice instead of third or fourth we might have been in a better position.
  10. L

He started off well but our home performances don’t particularly suit his style of play. We had 2 consecutive home games that we lost, he was poor and missed an easy chance, and that was him out of the reckoning for the time being. Riis is another player that seems to have lost confidence...
  11. L

Jayden Stockley played 90 minutes of practically every game for Exeter and he rewarded his Manager with a raft of goals that fired them into the top 6 of L2. Unfortunately for Stockley, he can’t fulfill the style of play that AN wants from him, and AN is too stubborn to change style to play to...
  12. L

Exactly, ernest. He hasn’t started more than 4 games on the trot and it’s common knowledge that strikers thrive on confidence and that comes with playing run of games. He’s shown on a few occasions that he’s a good option to have if used properly. Even his biggest critics can’t deny the way...
  13. L

I don’t know if I’m confident of AN overseeing a major overhaul of players at the club. There are players within the squad that arguably haven’t been given a fair crack of the whip. I accept they might not be good enough, but if they’re not given the opportunity we‘ll never really know. We...
  14. L

According to footballleaguefc.com. Stockley is on £5k per week.
  15. L

And now they’re a League One outfit trying their luck in the Championship.....that’s for #NIGHTMARE‘S benefit 👍😉
  16. L

2 Full Backs off being a decent unit

Totally agree regarding Earl & Storey, but if we can’t give them games, we should send them out on loan for experience. They won’t become more consistent by sitting on the bench or in the stands.
  17. L

2 Full Backs off being a decent unit

I don’t usually watch Premier League games so I thought I’d give the Liverpool v Man Utd a go. The thing that really impressed which is relevant to this thread is how good both sets of full backs were. None of our full backs could play that style not even at Championship level. The top...
  18. L

Young PNE fan taken way too soon

Awful news. R.I.P Andy
  19. L

With the worst defence in the Championship, I think we need someone who can defend first of all. I certainly wouldn’t be against bringing in Bradley.