Search results

1. J

This corona virus thing...

Exactly.
  2. J

I'm not sure that is the narrative. Either way my view is that for all the faults of the union, we are better off together. That was also my view of Europe - too late now of course, for Europe and probably for the union.
  3. J

Indeed - it's the first line of her job description. It's also unfair to say that independence for Scotland is the only thing she thinks about, she has done a better job IMHO on the Covid front than bungling Boris. She's far from being my favourite politician but I'd take her over BOJO except...
  4. J

Whichever way you look at the figures - with covid, of covid, withing 28 days, at any time, there's no getting over the fact that it has been and continues to be a complete shit storm that has been getting worse. Hopefully it is on the turn but it requires all of us to take things seriously in...
  5. J

Buy your PNE Beer

The difference is you are stuck with your football team but you can always change beers when a better one comes along or your taste matures. Of course there are plenty of plastics down the road who might disagree.
  6. J

Buy your PNE Beer

Whitbread Tankard (or Titbread Wankard as we used to call it) was another beer from those days I'd rather forget.
  7. J

Buy your PNE Beer

I also remember Watneys Red Barrel - yuk! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=watneys+red+barrel+advert&docid=608000127988731468&mid=9B3331C2BA9DECD56BB99B3331C2BA9DECD56BB9&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
  8. J

Just heard that a couple in our cul de sac (probably late 70's, possibly early 80's) have had covid. They think they got it over Xmas, but I wouldn't know. It's wiped them out but not hospitalised them.
  9. J

My sister - who works at St.James Hospital in Leeds had her first on Thursday. My daughter in law works for the NHS in Manchester working with profoundly disabled children, her's is booked for this coming week. Quite a few people I know in the 80+ age range have either had or are booked in for...
  10. J

The so called big 4.

I don't buy for one minute that AN put others in the team ahead of BP simply because BP won't be here next season. You play your best player for as long as he's available. I suspect BP's attitude/head hasn't been right and then AN quite rightly dropped him. Whatever the rights or wrongs of this...
  11. J

Our pizza takeaway is the same.
  12. J

There are apparently some advantages to being O negative Type O blood linked to lower COVID risk, taking Vitamin D unlikely to help | Reuters
  13. J

Buy your PNE Beer

I can remember that too. I also remember a couple that used to come in my local on a Friday night, each with a tray of hot homemade pork pies to sell. A pint of Tetley's bitter in one hand and a warm pork pie in the other, fat dripping all down your face. Those were the days.
  14. J

I must have a look - it might explain a lot about me. ;)
  15. J

Me too, O neg
  16. J

Buy your PNE Beer

Sadly yes I can ! :sick:
  17. J

Buy your PNE Beer

That's simple - salt and vinegar crisps.
  18. J

Don't worry, the Brits will get picked up by our world beating track and trace system - oh, wait a minute.......