Search results

1. simonnisbet

The positivity thread

Reading every thread now its fair to say the air is now toxic with a lot of fans upset in many if not all facets of the club. Lets use this thread to harness anything positive for those that are remaining optimistic, there is time for things to start going well. I’ve been fairly negative with...
  2. simonnisbet

Attacking approach

There is a lot of talk right now about the players contracts, potential signings and keeping hold of our best players. All this pales in significance if we fail to changes our attacking approach this season. This is of course my opinion but the speed, invention and movement of our general...
  3. simonnisbet

Our new bargain basement striker

So we will be in the market for a striker this summer, we are lead to believe there is very little in the kitty to buy a proven championship striker so what realistic names can people come up with that will suit our budget... Gnanduillet has been mentioned but only 12 goals from open play last...
  4. simonnisbet

Town End won us that one

The game was going nowhere, we were lethargic and disinterested, movement was stagnant and predictable. from nowhere the Town end found their voices and the reaction from the players was almost instant. The zip came back, we looked like a very hungry positive outfit. For me it was the fans...
  5. simonnisbet

Preston's greatest ever passer of the ball?

I was unable to attend the Villa game with work so i've just watched it on ifollow, during the game I was asking myself if Paul Gallagher is the greatest passer of the ball we've ever had?. I can only go back to the 85 season as a 4 year old so i'm sure there are plenty that i've overlooked...
  6. simonnisbet

Irish contingent so far..

So a few games into the new season and it's started nicely, my only disappointment is the involvement of the lads from the Emerald Isle. I had high hopes at the start of the season. So far Maguire leads the way in terms of our new signings, a fans favourite already it seems and a huge player...
  7. simonnisbet

Championship Shopping List

Championship Shopping List: Nathan Byrne for me to make a start, a few others from the league 1 play offs sides would be maybe Che Adams of Sheff Utd, luongo of Swindon and Darikwa of Chesterfield. All look like they can play at a higher level to me
  8. simonnisbet

The Australian boys

I thought Wright and SCS were exceptional last night, i feared the worse when i saw Huntington missing from the starting line and consider him to be our most consistant performer so far. Bailey and Shane won everything last night and played some good stuff on the deck. The 5-0 scoreline will...
  9. simonnisbet

Who is currently our most saleable asset?

I was just thinking that despite most of our current crop arriving on free transfers its clear to see that under their new contracts they would command some big fees should anyone come in for them. Its hard to put a price on their heads but we are a selling club and will be attracting a bit of...
  10. simonnisbet

Are these players up to the job?

Stuckmann: one of the very few positives this season, great presence, excellent stopper. Bit of work needed on corners and distribution. One thing that nags me is i don't think i've heard a peep out him yet. Needs to be more vocal Gray: for me our best player in defence, strong in the tackle...
  11. simonnisbet

Westley im sorry but you are clueless

Westley, You've identified our weaknesses and replaced them with new ones. Good fitness and endeavour is not good enough to win football matches. I see a team feeling very sorry themselves right now, well its the fans that are suffering so don't go hiding! There isnt any gameplan right now...
  12. simonnisbet

Predictable Build Up Play

Does anyone find our build up play all to Predicatable?, I was watching the game on Saturday and we don't seem to have any kind of gameplan?, movement is limited and we often have to go backwards because there is often no other option. It seems we play twice as many passes as the opposition to...
  13. simonnisbet

Tsoumou

I was wondering how Tsoumou played in his first game? I know he was only on the pitch for a short time but did he show any signs of quality? I can't understand how his trial period before signing was undetected by posters on this forum? Can anyone think of any other players at the club who have...
  14. simonnisbet

The Beast no more!

Looking at the pics of him on the LEP website he seems to have shed a lot of weight over the close season. I also don't recognise one or two faces, do we have a trialist in?
  15. simonnisbet

Anyone for a game?

Preston Sports arena on Monday at 7pm, I have a team of 5 players and if anyone wants to challenege us to a game then let me know, I have a few who couldn't make it this week due to holidays etc and didn't want to cancel the pitch. We are not a team of world beaters by any means, very average...
  16. simonnisbet

Best Defender In The League

Graham Alexander, what a signing he has been. Absolutely love the guy. Its an honour that he has played all his best football for the white of northend. At 35 he still shows no signs of fading. Keep it up Graham!
  17. simonnisbet

Peter Clarke to Southend

Blackpool have sold their best player for a figure quoted at 250k (bargain). centre half only 24 but experienced, would have been a great signing. Blackpool fans are gutted