Search results

1. Regardless

Match Day - PNE v Reading - 24/01/2021 - KO:12:30 - Championship

I’m in the camp that believes it wasn’t a penalty (although not shocked it was given because refs often favour the attacker in those circumstances). So I simply cannot get into the “we were lucky” mindset. If either side deserved to sneak a 1-0, it was Reading- but really nothing in it. And I...
  2. Regardless

It didn’t. And if Riis’s excellent first-half effort had gone in, the conversation would have been different in a different way!
  3. Regardless

Definitely shouldn’t have been a pen. Their huge lad deliberately went straight at Rafferty pushing and in danger of trampling the smaller man - in order create the contact. Rafferty’s only option are to lie down and be trampled or get into the grappling match. It is possible that it was an...
  4. Regardless

Great effort from Riis. Predatory really- but super save
  5. Regardless

Now TV’s are well balanced- very complimentary!
  6. Regardless

If there was a crooked, there is no way that those 22 players would have just dawdled out of the tunnel and across the pitch.
  7. Regardless

Sky Sports sackings

Of course. Forgot about his illness.
  8. Regardless

Sky Sports sackings

Beckford has settled into being a decent pundit imo. I also don’t detect any blanking of PNE. I have heard him mention/ discuss his time with a few times. But to be fair, how often does lawro go on about Brighton - or Kilbane rabbit on about Sunderland, Wigan or Hull? So why should we expect...
  9. Regardless

January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

And when we go up, we don’t want to be saddled with too many Championships players on the books.
  10. Regardless

Test Cricket 2021

If you’ve got figures of 6/40, you really don’t expect to be facing 381. Would be interesting to discuss what are the best figures (in terms of both wickets AND economy) in a big total. Anyone with their fingers on such stats?
  11. Regardless

This corona virus thing...

fyi, I occasionally write something in an attempt at comedy. Hard to spot, I know!
  12. Regardless

Bloody autocorrect ;)
  13. Regardless

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

There must be a calculation of how much more.
  14. Regardless

Offering Deepdale would be excellent PR for the club. No idea if it’s suitable. we could leave the under soil heating on to make it more comfortable for the old folk as they wait for their jabs.
  15. Regardless

That Joe Biden Fellah

That would make a good thread title 😁
  16. Regardless

That Joe Biden Fellah

Don’t know where the WSJ sits on the political spectrum but there seem to be a lot of ifs and maybes in there, as though there’s an ‘agenda’. It’s a complex topic. But at face value, the thought of a 16 year old biological school boy up against girls sounds pretty stupid!
  17. Regardless

I will probably end up disappointed but there are signs that this government might be environmentally progressive in some aspects. It might be an area of policy where Johnson feels he can make a demonstrable positive legacy for relatively small cost. I live in hope.
  18. Regardless

That El Niño event sounds madness but then so many of those South American politicians make Trump look positively sane!