Search results

1. E

The Devaluation possibility in Football.

With many top clubs in Europe in serious financial problems tipped over the edge because of Covid but highlighting the precarious balance most clubs are run at, is it time for a devaluation of football finance and for wages to be brought down to a more sensible level throughout the game, as the...
  2. E

The poor state of pitches.

I’ve just watched bits of all tonight’s Championship games and all the pitches look really poor in comparison to what we have been used to in recent seasons, Rotherham’s game has even been called off for I believe a waterlogged pitch. Mowbray at Rovers has been complaining about their pitch. The...
  3. E

The Stanley

I’ve just seen 20 minutes of their game at Charlton tonight and I have to say I’m very impressed. Quite exceptional the way this club is run on a very small budget, great links with the local community. Credit where credit is due.
  4. E

The Chaos of Brexit, yet to come.........

It’s started early ! Just a taste of what’s to come, total chaos at Dover and the Channel, and this is while we are still in the EU !!! I know this current problem has been caused because of Covid but in a few days time it’s likely to get worse, who would be an international lorry driver? And...
  5. E

Boris !!!!!!

If Boris is handling the Brexit negotiations like he’s handled this Covid thing, especially this Christmas fiasco, where he promised something that most of us realised from the off was ridiculous and would have caused major problems in January. You are messing up time after time and I’m now...
  6. E

Rock on Tommy

Just been announced. Another victim of Covid 19. Rock on Tommy......you will be so missed. RIP
  7. E

Denmark v England

Been watching it on the tv and cricket on the iPad. Cricket is far more exciting!!!! If I was just watching footy I would have fallen asleep like I did watching the Iceland game..... Watching cricket on tv and footy can go on iPad. I notice we have got a Leeds player in, he seems lost, would...
  8. E

Covid pop up cycle lanes.......

Having seen this a few times since last Thursday I am scratching my head as to its usefulness. It seems to be messing up traffic particularly at peak times, and I have yet to see a cyclist use it. Bearing in mind the stretch from McDonalds lights to the next set where the Mercedes garage is...
  9. E

M&S sandwiches......

Has anyone tried the new Prawnovirus filling?
  10. E

Who remembers Addison’s wine bar 60s/70s

In an alleyway of fishergate. Used to sell big schooners of Australian knock you out sherry. Beef and malt.....?
  11. E

USA and weather

Just been on CNN and the east coast is getting a real battering on top of all the other issues. Tornados, floods, power outs.
  12. E

Preston Docks

Has a new scheme been suggested recently for the docks and if so has anyone got any links to the proposals. I’ve always thought it was a very underused area, the retail development could have been put anywhere, bit of a waste siting it there. A lot of history in that area, be good to see it...
  13. E

Where is the dosh coming from?

With the new season just over a month away I was wondering where PNE ( and all other clubs for that matter ) are getting the dosh from? Normally season ticket sales money would be in and cash coming in from gate receipts........but none of that is happening. Normal running costs are fixed with...
  14. E

Blackpool so called Pleasure Beach

It would appear that over the weekend they have been coining it in at the expense of punters with little social distancing, the only social distancing being on the limited rides which were open. So those people who booked in advance and were told all social distancing measures were being...
  15. E

NHS. Back to normal service?

My daughter went to A and E yesterday with a problem, after waiting around 3 hours she was told she needed a minor operation under general anaesthetic and to be there at 7:00am this morning, so she dutifully arrived at Blackburn hospital on time, it’s now just gone 11:00am and she has been moved...
  16. E

Parched Peas.....?????

What exactly is in them, what peas are they? And how do you prepare them in the traditional Preston method. Ta.
  17. E

Millwall and Hull at home ........

On current form and standings it should be 2 wins, but we know that in this league nothing is simple and nothing should be taken for granted. Clubs around us are playing each other so points have to be dropped. However if we did get max points from these 2 games, we could be in a very...
  18. E

Yankee pre kick off huddle.....

I just hate seeing teams do that American pre kick off huddle nonesense, it really infuriates me, especially when the other team is ready to kick off and kept waiting.
  19. E

February, an intense month.....

February sees 7 games in only 29 days, a game every 4 days, a really intense period. Some clubs may even have to squeeze a cup replay in as well. That will put all clubs under severe pressure with injuries, suspensions and fatigue, the quality of the squad will show through. We have 3 home and...
  20. E

It’s all history now.......it’s about the future....

It’s all about the next games, this league is so wide open that anyone putting a consistent run of wins together can achieve.... The 2 runaway leaders are on a wobble.. So who knows, any of the top 16 could do it ?.... hopefully we have just had our bad patch....