Search results

1. Mooney magic

STFS 25

The morning after the debacle of Luton Town... Just watched the Ben Casey interview and I actually feel much better again. What a proper top bloke, massive enthusiasm for North End and a real advocate for us having our own identity. If you've not seen the video then get on it, I'm sure it will...
  2. Mooney magic

Getting the midfield combination right

For me, we now have enough to select players in their best positions. Starting with the skipper, play him at 10, or don't play him. It's him or DJ end of, don't play both. The deeper 2, is 2 from 3. Whiteman, Ledson and Molumby. That's it, simple as. No more square pegs in round holes. In case...
  3. Mooney magic

Pearson and Davies

So what's the crack? Are they actually injured, or has this period been a get used to the future tactic from AN and PR? I've not heard/read any timescale for a return from either, I was actually beginning to wonder if that was it. Is the club hoping that Storey and Ledson can step up, take...
  4. Mooney magic

Together or divided?

I saw some things today that made me realise that as a group of fans, we are not together and united behind this team. Chanting against our team is a new level of low. Piss poor IMO
  5. Mooney magic

The fittest team in the world...

Keep conceding late goals, what's that all about? We were promised endeavour, energy, new levels of fitness. Just another false promise clearly. Is anyone still behind this regime? It's 1 of the things that has annoyed me from the outset. He openly said he was appalled at our levels of...
  6. Mooney magic

A truce for Sir Tom

Just been on Sir Tom's website for half an hour and it brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eyes. I've removed my signature and will put our great club and our greatest son to the front of my thoughts. I propose a full and immediate suspension of all negativity for the duration of the...
  7. Mooney magic

Taxi for Westley and also...

a taxi for Sean O'Driscoll, please.
  8. Mooney magic

Team for Saturday?

I think we can all see that we have and are losing confidence. Goals are being shipped and leads given away. My opinion is that we need to get back to some basics, stop conceding and then build on it. For sure, promotion is out of the window but unfortunately, relegation is a big possibility...
  9. Mooney magic

Assuming we still have a club...

How do we see the squad, the first 11, the tactics, the progression of youth and the sales of our unwanted players going? Personally I'm very optimistic. The squad looks like it will take a plummet in average age and also in wages. The youth team continues to be successful even though they now...
  10. Mooney magic

Get a grip folks

This place has gone absolutely bonkers! We're in the transition phase of adapting to new tactics, new coaches, new players and we seem to think that we're in a state of absolute chaos. How come? I've heard of a player revolt, players at burger bars, players telling the gaffer to fuck off...
  11. Mooney magic

Chelsea summary

Decent performance by the team, probably could have got in their faces a bit more but no shame in 0-2 defeat. Biggest dissapointment was the crowd today, very subdued. Makes you wonder what it will take to get the Town End excited. Quite a bit of banter but very little singing, we were...
  12. Mooney magic

Oh dear Dingles

what has gone wrong? Don't want to sound premature but I'm loving it. I was in despair in the summer as the big Dingle love-in was happening here (you know who are). Coyle this, Coyle that, Irvine blah-di-blah. What a turn-around. Coyle has gone to a bigger club, hahaha, and they end up...
  13. Mooney magic

Upbeat is the way forward

Just seen interviews with Ferguson, Shaw and the Rooster and I've got to say I can't wait for this to get started. I've honestly not felt this positive in a long time. There's a few key reasons why:- 1. Ferguson, Shaw and Russell all spell out the aim is to go up, and maybe even this season...
  14. Mooney magic

The smokescreen

at Deepdale is really doing my head in. Forest did not beat us because they are a bigger club. They didn't win because they've spent a fortune on players. Really I look at our squad and theirs and I honestly don't think there's much in it. Wilson and the other centrehalf are clumsy. The...
  15. Mooney magic

Bryson on Friday...

made a comment on how our forwards seemed overweight last week against Newcastle. He was talking on Radio Lancs and I've got to say I agree. Having the Beast amongst our ranks kind of overshadows the fact that Mellor and Brown are looking way out of shape. What the hell is going on with these...
  16. Mooney magic

Something that's been annoying me for ages

is the god damn Bastard Rovers mini bus that is always parked outside the away entrance at home games. Talk about looking like we're some sort of feeder club. I don't know who is responsible for this van being there but it's gonna get it's tyres let down or windows put in one day! This sort...
  17. Mooney magic

Just like the Highbury...

just like the library. That's what the Spurs sang. AI says we were quiet first half against Reading. What are we gonna do about it? Sweet FA? Bring back the ISA, they at least were pro-active. I know this sort of thread keeps rearing it's ugly head but when are we gonna get our act...
  18. Mooney magic

Good business

Out: Hawley, L.Neal, C.Neal, Nicholls, Ormerod, Whaley, McKenna, Hill, Agyemang, Jarrett. In: Brown, Chaplow, Trotman, Hart, Elliott, Parkin, Wallace, Nicholson, Nolan, Parry, Shumulikoski. I'm sure I've forgotten a few but seems like good business to me. In all honesty I can't say that...
  19. Mooney magic

Today is supposedly the day...

that we are signing Charlie Adam and a couple of others. That was the story according to those in the know. Well it's now 10:30 and guess what, nowt has happened. Come on, you folk in the know people, what the hell is going on? Hamann not happening, we've appointed a crock as club captain...
  20. Mooney magic

Oh no, our new captain...

is Chris Sedgwick? Well it was today but let's hope that is a temporary thing. Just as we're getting exited about Mayor deposing the seemingly undroppable Sedge he gets made captain! I despair, I truly despair. Someone please enlighten me and say that it was just for the day and really SSL...