Search results

1. N

Connor Ripley

Is he trying to be the new beast!?
  2. N

The magic of the FA Cup

It might not have been in terms of a massive underdog winning, but what a game that was between Everton and Spurs. Both sides naming very strong sides, desperate to win, it was brilliant to watch. I love the FA Cup. For years me and my mates have gone out for the final no matter who was...
  3. N

RIP Sandra Nugent

I've just seen on Facebook that David's Mum, Sandra, has sadly passed away. Apparently 5 months ago she was given the sad news she only had a few weeks to live. But she fought for as long as possible. Hope it's not insensitive to put this on here. I know a lot of fans will have spent time with...
  4. N

New EFL bailout package to be discussed

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12130063/efl-clubs-to-discuss-revised-premier-league-bailout-package-on-thursday Championship clubs are going to be included in this offer. Apart from clubs with parachute payments, and clubs with wealthy owners. So there will be clubs who over the...
  5. N

League table since lockdown

I saw a league table for the teams in the Championship since lockdown: Brentford 31 points Swansea 29 Cardiff 28 Luton 28 Reading 27 Millwall 26 Stoke 26 Middlesbrough 22 Bristol City 22 PNE 20 Plastics 20 Huddersfield 19 Barnsley 19 Derby 17 Sheff Wed 16 Forest 15 QPR 15 Birmingham 10 Until...
  6. N

English Football restructure

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-leagues-major-clubs-propose-shrinking-top-flight-of-english-football-in-major-shake-up-12101628 Been saying for a while that the bigger clubs want to reduce the number in the Premier League to 18. Seems like the plans have now started. Hasn't said how the EFL...
  7. N

England 20/21 season

So we're now in the build up to 3 big games for us as we prepare for Euro 2021. The last 2 games were pretty dire. But I think the players can be given some slack given the lack of match fitness, and some players who were unavailable. We're now in a position where players are more match fit...
  8. N

Beirut explosion

This has just happened in Beirut. It's mental to see this footage at the time.
  9. N

Who could replace Neil if he leaves?

This isn't a Neil out post. I would rather he be backed properly in the next window and stays. But if he were to quit/sacked/move to another club, what are the alternatives? You've out of work big names like Hughton, Allardyce, McCarthy, Pulis, McClaren. There's then the ex Preston connection...
  10. N

We blew our chances in January

Since we beat Huddersfield in November, and we were around the automatic spots, up until January we played 9 of which we won 2, drew 2 and lost 5. Neil made a big deal about how we were in such a good position to make history. It was clear as day that we needed 3 or 4 real quality additions to...
  11. N

What would have been your England Euro 2020 squad?

If the Euros were due to start, and everyone was fit, what would have been your squad? Mine would have been something like: Goalkeepers: Pickford, Henderson, Ramsdale Defenders: Alexander-Arnold, Trippier, Gomez, Maguire, Stones, Mings, Chilwell, Shaw Midfielders: Henderson, Rice, Winks...
  12. N

VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN- The Declan Rudd Thread

Fair play Declan.
  13. N

Only 9 points off 2nd

It's obviously a really tough ask to make a challenge for the top 2. And I don't think we're good enough at the moment to make a challenge either. However, after the bad run of form we've had, we are only 9 points off 2nd, with a lot of games left. We've had 4 points from 2 games, and have an...
  14. N

Team for Saturday

Assuming there are no signings made, I think he'll play something like this: Ripley Clarke Storey Huntington Rafferty Ledson Bayliss Bodin Potts Harrop Stockley
  15. N

Green loan ended and joins Charlton on loan. (Confirmed)

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/january/green-recalled-by-aston-villa/ That was quick! I thought he would have been a good loan signing but for whatever reason it hasn't worked.
  16. N

Form since international break

Played 10, won 2, drawn 2, lost 6, scored 5 and conceded 15. Only Birmingham, Luton and Charlton have a worse record. We have had injuries and suspensions in that period, and it could be argued some of the games we deserved more from them. But today was really concerning. Apart from DJ missing...
  17. N

Racism from Man City fans

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11881027/manchester-city-fa-and-police-investigate-after-united-players-allege-they-were-racially-abused It was quite sickening what happened last night. I thought it would be more in the news then it has been. I hope the Man City fan caught on...
  18. N

2 wins in 10 after an international break under Neil

It's a very poor record. For someone who is as thorough as Neil is, you'd expect our record to be better. Bizarrely, our last 3 games against Reading have all been after an international break, and we've lost every one.
  19. N

Neil: Recruiting quality rather than quantity

Interesting read from the LEP today. Alex Neil again stating that this Summer we're wanting to improve our starting 11, and recruiting will be focussed more on quality rather than quantity. He even says naturally this will come at a cost, and we have got our fingers in many pies. This could be a...
  20. N

Out of contract Championship players this Summer

Found a list of out of contract Championship players this Summer. Not every name is going to be right as Alan Browne is named on there. But I would think a lot of the names will be correct. Some interesting names on there, hard to believe Micah Richards is still being paid by Villa! 35k a week...