1. B

The Championship Playoffs Thread.

Fair point well made
  2. B

I'm definitely also with you on this one
  3. B

With you on this. For me it's a West London BBC media luvvy bias that you hear all the time. Notwithstanding they've moved to Manchester. I'd lump in Fulham and QPR to this as well
  4. B

Decent shout this. Since Dave Bamber did the business with his famous scuffed pen back in the day, Blackpool's play off record is exemplary. I think. Stand to be corrected on this but they seem to get promoted a lot. Was at a barbecue over that way (Kirkham possibly, can't remember) the day they...
  5. B

Derby v Sheffield Wednesday (Cardiff v Rotherham)

So I think they're about £60m in debt, £50m of which is non footballing so going into administration probably gets them relegated but only "clears" about £10m debt. This Spanish clown Alonso has pulled out of the purchase. Derby fans were questioning his ability to fund the deal so in order to...
  6. B

It's a watch this space job I think. They're in massive shit though
  7. B

Derby could be the next Bury. They're in a whole world of trouble now
  8. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

Problem you've got here mate is the way it's structured as you've pointed out. PL payments are split into 5 sections 3 of which are equal share. So it doesn't matter how shit you are. The other two depend on where you finish (top about 30 bar and bottom about 2) and how often you're on TV. Just...
  9. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

Fair enough you like it. The EFL however, in my opinion, are useless. My point essentially, albeit rather clumsily put, is that the likes of Man U fans appear to have the right hump about a Glazer leveraged buy out and are taking loads of dough out of the club yet fawn over the likes of Sanchez...
  10. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

11. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

"Big 6" fans mithering on and "protesting" about money and the proposed ESL. Yet 20 teams take 91% of the broadcast money in English football and we don't get a peep out of them. Bit odd
  12. B

England in the Euros.

How many French Opens has he won? Miguel that is
  13. B

England in the Euros.

It was bloody hard work though mate wasn't it. Think Pearce's pen in the shootout is one of my favourite football moments
  14. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

I'd like to pass myself off as some sort of Mystic Meg but a couple of good mates of mine are senior guys at the Premier League and were working on the deal, we'd discussed it. Sorry!! If I was being really mischievious I'd get involved in the annual "who will we get in the first game of the...
  15. B

England in the Euros.

They were poor by comparison I suppose to latter years but we only really won two games that Tournament, Scotland and Holland. Rest were draws. And that Spanish game. How we got through is still a mystery. They had 2 disallowed goals and one was an absolute shocker of a decision. They also hit...
  16. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

Yeah, no increase but a decrease is what the PL were cacking themselves about if it went out to tender as per. Highlighted by Liverpool turning a £40m pre tax profit to a £40m loss in 12 months. Will probably be worse next year when the full effects of Covid rinse through. PL were never going...
  17. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

No surprises here
  18. B

Sky Sports and BT Sports

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57098432
  19. B

Bradford Fire Disaster......

were there fences at Bradford in 1985? Not sure. But they were still there in 1989 in Sheffield and almost all top grounds
  20. B

Bradford Fire Disaster......

Kings Cross the same I seem to recall too