Search results

1. LostinSpace

This corona virus thing...

Yes, he is! :) Add on the word incompetence, and that describes Johnson and Hancock too. Whatever I think of Cummings, it's great that he's exposing the lies and deceptions of this government.
  2. LostinSpace

That is the standard way of responding to infectious diseases. Yes, there are other treatments available, but these are more expensive and not as effective as the vaccine and often require hospital admissions. The NHS is struggling enough without adding extra burdens.
  3. LostinSpace

People slagging players off.

Yes, but it’s areas of interest are very limited. I’m not saying it isn’t social media, just that it’s very different from what most people mean by social media.
  4. LostinSpace

The big difference for me is that true Social media is accessible to all and unrestricted. PNE online doesn't fit that definition.
  5. LostinSpace

This is unbelievable: Covid vaccine to be required for England care home staff So, you’re paid very low wages, often on call for virtually nothing, scared of being vaccinated, and Johnson tells you to get vaccinated or you’re sacked. Result: shortage of care home care staff. Instead, how...
  6. LostinSpace

Euros 2020

Ronaldo's second looked like a possible offside to me. Anyone else?
  7. LostinSpace

Mega Mosque at Broughton

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't like offending people who've done me no harm, end of.
  8. LostinSpace

Mega Mosque at Broughton

Simple answer, whatever you think, it’s offensive to a lot of people.
  9. LostinSpace

Same as booing at matches, it achieves nothing except upsetting players.
  10. LostinSpace

There are ways different ways to criticise though, and throwing personal insults is a real no no imo. Any criticism should be based solely on their football, and preferably on a site like this. The only time I’d say anything on Twitter, is when it’s a direct response to one of their tweets.
  11. LostinSpace

Really? What were you expecting ffs. They’re exactly what I’d hoped for.
  12. LostinSpace

Lord Edgingtons "Get Rich Slowly" Stocks and shares bonanza

Because of the charges, I only buy Investment trusts if I have at least £1K to invest, otherwise i'd stick to open ended funds. Also, some IT's have open ended equivalents, so I slowly build up to £1,000 and then switch to the IT equivalent. I agree though, for small investors, it's best to...
  13. LostinSpace

On the last bit, I haven’t kept up with the detail over the last 6 months or so but my understanding is that investors have got some money back and will get more when the final (illiquid) holdings are sold. They’ll never it all back though, partly because of losses incurred before the fund was...
  14. LostinSpace

No secrecy intended, I meant an open forum. With hindsight though, as this is now a separate thread there's no need to worry about boring other forum members. I'm surprised your broker wouldn't allow investments in Woodford, who do you use? If it's a work pension you may have no choice, but if...
  15. LostinSpace

Euros 2020

16. LostinSpace

Just stick to the Lasher thread eh.
  17. LostinSpace

You make some good points. As I said, I've done better with funds than I could with individual stocks. I try to avoid the in thing like Woodford, I did have money invested in his first fund which did far too well for an income fund after launch so I sold at a 10% profit. It'd been better if I'd...
  18. LostinSpace

The League Two Playoffs Thread.

Nowt really, I was just sitting up the banter for when I get the chance to give it face to face. He's pro Lasher and anti PNE apparently. His boss is a PNE fan, but he has a mate on the team who's a Lasher!
  19. LostinSpace

You're right, you are paying other people to pick the stocks for you. Don't forget though that they are pros, and the charges include buying/selling stocks, and their costs for that are a lot less than yours. They are better at it that than you or me, and imo the charge is worth it. I started...
  20. LostinSpace

For a dit if diversification, I invest in multi asset funds, particularity absolute return funds. The fund managers buy and sell bonds and commodities like crypto, gold etc. I don't have the expertise to do this myself. The idea is that you get slow growth but the downside is covered.One in...