Search results

1. R

Rum & Coke

Back on topic (ish), banana infused rum is next up followed by cherry infused rum as soon as cherries are in season.
  2. R

Rum & Coke

Strawberry Stolichnaya is a thing
  3. R

Rum & Coke

Progress has been made. Strawberry vodka #1 has persuaded the landlord to invest in some Stolichnaya. Strawberry Stolly is about a week away.
  4. R

New pub for Preston?

Blokes? I imagine that women must piss into their handbags when caught in 'no mans land'.....
  5. R

Rum & Coke

Nah, not moonshine. Just a fruit infused vodka. All UK duty paid. You would be surprised what flavours are out there ready to be infused. The strawberry vodka was promenaded tonight with some encouraging reviews. Now I have to persuade him to buy a case of quality vodka and 5lb of strawberries...
  6. R

Rum & Coke

Banana infused rum is a little beyond me, however there is a large jar of Hesketh Bank strawberries and vodka in his cellar. That might go on sale......
  7. R

Rum & Coke

Preston. A city blessed with some top notch boozers.
  8. R

Rum & Coke

My local landlord has a cracking rum selection. I have been trying to get him to stock cherry coke, but to no avail. He also has no idea which rum works best with banana. Sometimes its all about the long game.....
  9. R

Gas or Charcoal BBQ?

If beef burger wire is your problem, could I refer you to strawberry vodka....
  10. R

Gas or Charcoal BBQ?

Wood. Burnt in half an oil drum. With chicken wire on top. No cleaning. Just empty the drum when its cold. Chicken wire is available by the roll.
  11. R

Rum & Coke

I have abandoned the rum/banana thing. Now is not the time for experiments. Make strawberry vodka while you still can.
  12. R

Rum & Coke

This works a treat. Especially good at bbqs. Another summer party trick is learning how to 'shotgun' a can of beer.
  13. R

Rum & Coke

Nah. It misses my obvious liking for a dark influence and it doesn't take into account the variations of spiced rums of which I have little experience. And I don't want to mount gay with a banana.
  14. R

Rum & Coke

The bunging of the fruit in the alcohol isn't really the issue. British strawberries soaked in vodka for two weeks then strained and the vodka chilled will make angels weep. My problem is the flavours. I love Woods rum, but that is the HP sauce of the rum world. I imagined using over proof white...
  15. R

Rum & Coke

Mount Gay is a good one. My aim is to try to produce a rum and banana liqueur. Using bananas, rum and a mason jar.
  16. R

Rum & Coke

And while I am at it, rum and cherry coke. Is that a thing?
  17. R

Rum & Coke

I intend to soak bananas in rum. Any suggestions on the rum I should use? The bananas will be Cavendish.
  18. R

Expiry Dates

I love expiry dates. Get yerself a vacuum packing machine (20 quid). Buy severely discounted end of date fresh meat from supermarkets. 6-7pm is a a good time to do this. Go home, seal meat in bag, put bag into slow cooker for 4 hours. When done the contents of the bag are good for a week in the...
  19. R

New pub for Preston?

I had a go at The Vinyl Tap - 4 casks on (tiny rebel, Kirkby lonsdale, Severn brewing, pennine brewing). They are also selling (among other things) German wurst. Not many in, but the currywurst tasted just like they did when I was in Berlin in 1990!!!!
  20. R

Mega Mosque at Broughton

Religion, planning permission, favours from mates and disused hospitals. All we need is a murder and Hercule Poirot might show up.