Search results

1. N

White Ball Cricket 2021

We took a parasol, we were the only ones on the ground with one. I lived up there a few years back so it's always nice to visit and check out my old haunts. Lovely place.
  2. N

White Ball Cricket 2021

Just got back from Sedbergh. How they turned it around was fantastic. Up until the last 12 or so overs they were lousy. Great finish, tremendous from Lamb. The free hit was huge. Great day, Sedbergh looked stunning today.
  3. N

The Labour Party are cockwombles .....

I didn't realise sweating blood was a new Covid symptom. It's hard to keep up.
  4. N

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

But later in the interview he was asked how he felt when leave had won he said that he was happy because of all of the benefits the people of the UK would feel. He appeared to contradict himself. Or did I miss something?
  5. N

Marcus Rashford and the curious case of the PR Team/online abuse

Bring it back! Might watch an episode tonight.😅
  6. N

Extinction Rebellion, the return of the great unwashed.

Not my words below. I copied a post from another forum. Thought it was an excellent explainer for how the privatised water companies have got us into such a mess and how they are incapable of getting us out of it. "When I did my Human Ecology Degree back in 1991 to 1995, I discovered why...
  7. N

Marcus Rashford and the curious case of the PR Team/online abuse

Fwidge freezer. ..talk to me.
  8. N

This corona virus thing...

A bit like Blackburners calling peppermint place 'cav' short for Cavendish?
  9. N

This corona virus thing...

Silvers? I remember it being called The Park. It was a regular venue for Hit man and Her. Clive the dancer with the enormous python was a national celebrity.
  10. N

The petition is in the link below. https://us15.campaign-archive.com/?u=a04999673229750da830ac1e4&id=80347e02e6&e=abd7e0b64c
  11. N

Good Law Project A Spanish care home worker who has lived and paid taxes here for 44 years applied for settled status. She received a receipt of her application via email but is yet to get her formal certificate of application. And she has since been sacked by her care home employer, who think...
  12. N

https://us15.campaign-archive.com/?u=a04999673229750da830ac1e4&id=80347e02e6&e=abd7e0b64c
  13. N

This week in tory run Britain

Sunak and Johnson's plot to get out of isolating by partaking in a research project is looking a lot like pure bulls hit. Why are we not surprised? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/19/scientist-casts-doubt-on-validity-of-boris-johnsons-workplace-pilot
  14. N

If you could meet one person off here, who you don't know, for a beer, whom and why.

I'm reading Dunn scored north ends goal. Can't remember his first name, one of the Doc's big signings. Dark times followed. The bright points being the double signing of Skillful Bob and Gary Brazil.
  15. N

If you could meet one person off here, who you don't know, for a beer, whom and why.

Cut and paste from Wikipedia. Doesn't mention the game but the ill fated Tommy Doc reign. It was the centenary year as well. I think the game was marked by some kind of celebration or ceremony. Third Division (1981–1985) Edit Docherty's short spell in charge ended when he was sacked in early...
  16. N

20th October 1981 a 1-1 draw is the nearest I can find.
  17. N

Extinction Rebellion, the return of the great unwashed.

Saw that. It is baking today.
  18. N

Mum knows best! That proves it. The firework throwing thing round 'bommy' nightwas normal back then. I don't remember the game though, a 2-2 draw with the dingles and fireworks going off sounds like I should. Do you remember what year it was and who was the manager and some of the players?
  19. N

It was warned that this sort of thing may happen. I hope it doesn't become a trend. The Home Office really does need to intervene and quickly with these cases. Another Windrush? Hoping not. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/19/spanish-woman-in-uk-for-44-years-sacked-over-post-brexit-rules
  20. N

Back at ya Nobby. My Mum walked me to school from our house and somehow every kid en route joined the 'train'. Nobby was one of those kids. I know you came with us for your first game but I don't have a clue who we played or what the score was.