PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. NORTHENDRTOPS

R.I.P Ian Lavender.

St Peter; Name? Voice at the back; Don't tell him your name Pike. Sad news good actor. R.I.P Ian Lavender.
  2. NORTHENDRTOPS

PNE v Birmingham semi final 2001

I was clearing out some stuff this week and found an old VHS cassette of the semi final game, in my opinion one of the best ever games which we won to go to Wembley for the play off final. I think I have only watched it twice but its sealed in a tight case so everything should be okay. I'm...
  3. NORTHENDRTOPS

Worldwide radio stations

I am possibly a bit behind the door with this one, but I found this site purely by chance this week, and it allows you to click on a green spot on the world map and it plays the radio station anywhere in the world. Just try it anywhere. http://radio.garden/visit/rouen/gY32Ea5e I have...
  4. NORTHENDRTOPS

Gardening !!

I know it's a dreaded word that many dislike and begrudge having to mow the grass or pull a few weeds, it can be a pain and a backbreaker. In my previous homes we always had a garden and paid lip service to it, (her lips shouted and I paid for it !) Must be honest though I enjoy making the grass...
  5. NORTHENDRTOPS

Bomb in Blackpool !!

All kicking off in shitpool, police closed roads as man saying he has a bomb.
  6. NORTHENDRTOPS

Local clubs which had live entertainment

I wondered if anyone remembers any local artists comics/singers etc at various Labour clubs, I know "Wandering Walter" will crop up here" fetlers" but who else does anyone know? "Al Showman" comic from Blackpool often in Labour clubs? He also used to do the club in Topping Street. Did anyone...
  7. NORTHENDRTOPS

New statement from PNE re U 23 team

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/august/club-update-youth-development/
  8. NORTHENDRTOPS

Will the Geordies survive?

As has been widely reported the Saudi's have pulled out of the deal `with Newcastle. Many supporters of ours have regularly asked " would we be better off under the Arabs " ? Well, would we want someone who may be dishonest? pulls the wool over the supporters eyes? Is not a communicator with...
  9. NORTHENDRTOPS

Bunnock !!!

Some may be confused by this thread title, others may know it well, especially those from Penwortham, who had the nickname of "bunnocks". Apparently many who worked on the railways years ago and lived in the Penwortham area who took their bait boxes to work were called Bunnocks, it's unclear as...
  10. NORTHENDRTOPS

Ever get a great comp?

Today reminds me of one of the best day of my life, I was a student in Cardiff, staying with an old couple in their 80's. He was the grand master at Cardiff Freemasons lodge. I spent hours in that tiny bedroom scribbling away my essays etc, no computers in those days. In 1977 the week of the...
  11. NORTHENDRTOPS

Clothes and fashion

I'm sure there are lots of trendy guys and girls on this forum. But, who remembers kipper ties? winklepicker shoes, Cuban heels, string vests and underpants, and where did you used to go to buy your clothes, Do you remember Syds are selling out? on Friargate next to C&A. They must have had that...
  12. NORTHENDRTOPS

Raefil's banning

I think it's about time people knew the why's and wherefores of this ban. As it appears that no mod is aware of it am I to assume that a mod has not been involved in the banning order? People have been wrongfully banned before today and maybe even re instated, but this one appears to be a...
  13. NORTHENDRTOPS

Unusual scenario for PNE

So If PNE win at Charlton tomorrow and scores stay as they are now, North End will go to the top of the championship table at 2pm. Following that if AN goes to Stoke and does his superb management strategy and beats WBA in the league game on Monday evening, we stay top of the league, and then AN...
  14. NORTHENDRTOPS

PNE registration?

As I'm about to return to the UK for a couple of months, I wondered if any of you knowledgeable guys know about registration at Deepdale. I was registered at North End for the past number of seasons, but haven't been able to get there this season yet, as I'm now living in France. Will I need to...
  15. NORTHENDRTOPS

The boy done good he is a winner.

Just thought I'd rush on to tell you that Alex Macpherson who many of you voted for on this forum has WON the young fundraiser of the year award, and very much deserved too, wow I'm knocked out, he so deserves it. Great celebrations to all of you and thanks for helping make this kids life a...
  16. NORTHENDRTOPS

I follow questions for those who know

I want to get I follow and I've just looked at the site showing the costs etc, 1. If I pay for this monthly does the monthly subscription finish at the end of the season? Or is it for a full year? 2. The cost is 154 euro's for me to have I follow for a full season, but the cost per month is 18...
  17. NORTHENDRTOPS

If you had a magic wand

If you had a magic wand who would you bring back to life and why. For me it would have to be my dad, he had so much wisdom and humour and we were so close. Even now almost 40 years after I feel robbed he worked all his life and died before he even got his pension. In 1965 he won £50 at PNE...
  18. NORTHENDRTOPS

Disturbing local news

Before we cast any aspersions doesn't Raef come from Chorley? Dancing Chorley flasher 'balanced pie on head' before exposing himself at road junction... and was it a butter pie? ;)...
  19. NORTHENDRTOPS

Old newspapers.

As I am currently opening many boxes of all my worldly goods and chattels, I am faced with so many old newspapers which wrapped glassware and pottery etc. I am coming across old papers from as far back as the Queen's coming to reign in 1952,which is a copy of the Daily Mirror from February 9th...
  20. NORTHENDRTOPS

Who's an expert on moles?

A number of years ago an old man in his eighties told me the best way to get rid of moles was to bury a glass milk bottle up to the neck along the route of the mole hills, as the wind blows across the neck and disturbs the mole and it disappears, an old wive's tale ? I don't know, but I know I...