PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. J

James Webb Space Telescope

NASA will produce the first images in a press conference at 2:30pm GMT on Tuesday and I'm suspecting we may see something spectacular. The NASA scientists are almost giddy with excitement about it and their demenaour suggests they have something that will blow our minds. And no, they're not...
  2. J

Ex Japanese PM assassinated

By a guy using some makeshift home made shotgun like weapon. As is illustrated in this photograph. Japan has strict gun laws, guns of any variety are very difficult to acquire, and gun murder is even rarer than in Britain. In Britain the gun murder rate is around 1 per million people, in...
  3. J

US dictatorship by 2030?

Thomas Homer-Dixon, Executive Director of the Cascade Institute at Royal Roads University in British Columbia and author of the book "Commanding Hope: The Power We Have to Renew a World in Peril," joins David to discuss his recent writing that the US could be a right wing dictatorship by 2030.
  4. J

Medical marijuana

Just made an appointment in Oklahoma to get a medical marijuana card. Video consultation by phone 9am tomorrow morning. It's a formality. There are weed stores all over the place around here. It's a booming industry probably because getting the card is such a formality. The stuff you get from...
  5. J

NASA Perseverance rover Mars landing

Going to be a landing by a NASA rover on Mars later tonight. Or, fingers crossed, maybe I should say an attempted landing. The major mission of this rover, the rover is called 'Perseverance', is to search for signs of past life on Mars. And you can watch live as the rover goes through what the...
  6. J

Synthetic Media (Deep Fake)

Deep fake, or what's more accurately called synthetic media, is going to become a massive problem very soon. Already started but will become ever more common and ever more sophisticated. Even just last year in 2019 Hollywood itself with it's technology and massive budgets was incapable of...
  7. J

Oklahoma spider

Seen much bigger spiders in the garden here but this is the biggest web I have seen. Trying to figure out if he's poisonous as many spiders are here. Not worried about myself but rather the dog in case she becomes curious. The pic can be expanded for a better look at the spider in the centre...
  8. J

Greatest fight ever?

I watched this fight back at the time it took place and remember thinking at the time it was the greatest battle I had ever seen. And that's impressive since this ended in the third round for a total fight time of barely 8 minutes. It became known as "The War", Marvin Hagler v Tommy Hearns April...
  9. J

Hooligan pitch invasion

10. J

Science

There must be someone around here who has an interest in general science aside from the current virus dilemma so let's try to get a little discussion going. To kick it off I will ask a question I saw recently on another forum. The title of that topic was "We are not alone.... Maybe" They were...
  11. J

Financial implosion looming

It looks as if PNE may be safe but most of the others are in dire straits. Wondering if this situation may ultimately result in a sort of re-ordering of the traditional balance of power. Will traditional giants be on their knees. 'Clubs at every level are at risk' - the financial nightmare...
  12. J

Huddersfield

I'm sure you guys know better than me but I have been looking at their recent form and despite their relatively lowly league position this may be a tough one. Unbeaten in their last 7 games plus this stat from the BBC. Since the start of October, Huddersfield Town have won more Championship...
  13. J

Alex Neil

Given the league standings I have been searching for you guys current opinion of Alex Neil as manager but can't really find anything. I'm presuming in the present circumstances it's positive. I'm a born and bred Hamilton man currently living in the US and well familiar with Alex due to his 10...
  14. J

Sunderland: A cautionary tale

WHEN the story of Sunderland’s calamitous decline is told in a couple of decades’ time, the role played by Jack Rodwell will barely merit a footnote. Yet when it comes to explaining why the club finds itself at the foot of the Championship table, saddled with debts of more than £100m, the tale...
  15. J

Alex Neil Rangers rumours

According to some forums he has applied for the Rangers job and is considered a back-up option if an approach for Derek McInnes falls through.
  16. J

Premier League: Clubs 'risk bankruptcy' with promotion

English Football League clubs risk bankruptcy by chasing promotion to the Premier League, financial experts say. Between the 2008-09 and 2015-16 seasons, 19 clubs entered the top flight, and only one - Crystal Palace - avoided making a loss. Average losses in their promotion seasons were more...
  17. J

Football Abuse: The Ugly Side of the Beautiful Game

An extremely painful experience to watch this. Shattered dreams ruined lives. And this isn't just about Celtic despite the BBC description mentioning only Celtic. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08ntbf4/bbc-scotland-investigates-2016-7-football-abuse-the-ugly-side-of-the-beautiful-game
  18. J

Warburton resigns as Rangers manager

Rumour is Warburton has resigned and there is in fact a statement on the club site confirming this but still confusion reigns as Warburton and Davie Weir who allegedly resigned with him apparently deny any knowledge of it. If it's true it might affect the future of Joe Garner.
  19. J

Joe Garner will hit the goal trail once he finds top gear at Rangers

says Neil Mellor THE transfer fee was a signal of Mark Warburton’s confidence in his man. Now Joe Garner will look to repay that faith at Ibrox. Ten games have yielded just three goals for Garner in Light Blue but there is no danger of the striker fretting over his modest return to date. The...
  20. J

Joey Barton's Rangers career hanging in balance after training bust up

JOEY BARTON’S Rangers career is hanging in the balance after a bitter training ground bust-up. SunSport can reveal the 34-year-old has been BANISHED from Murray Park and won’t feature against Ross County on Saturday. The clash, involving team-mate Andy Halliday, comes just days after Gers were...