PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. S

Match Day - PNE v Coventry - 29/12/20 - 19:45 - Championship

I just call it as I see it. PNE given where we are will have a mix of abilities in the squad. Not every player can be as good as the best player. But that doesn’t mean the vest players are always good and the lesser players ‘shit’.
  2. S

Well your agenda will be leaving soon.
  3. S

At least he didn’t get injured.
  4. S

Shit out of putting a meaningful block on and allowed a shot in target to most eyes I’d reckon.
  5. S

Fisher seriously bottling out of that block there.
  6. S

Match Day - Luton Town v PNE - 12/12/2020 - KO:15:00 - Championship

You think Fishers defending for the second goal against Luton was solid?
  7. S

Neil OUT

How come we ended up with Rafferty?
  8. S

Neil OUT

Would the better solution not be to get two full backs as good as Fisher - but who are more consistent performers and who are available a higher percentage of the time?
  9. S

Neil OUT

Not arguing for Rafferty. Arguing that Fisher isn't as valuable as some people seem to think.
  10. S

Unpopular opinion

Stockley is a blunt instrument and a physical presence - defenders don't like that. Riis is an an awkward customer, looks to have an awareness of what's around him and has a turn of pace - defenders don't like that. Neither is exactly the 'full package'. Both have their uses if deployed well...
  11. S

Neil OUT

I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking about now, this season. If he gets back to where he was - great. Yes he's one of the best when he performs. But only when he performs, when he doesn't, he's as ineffective as anyone and (arguably) a liability. But right now, he's living on the...
  12. S

Neil OUT

I have a 'holistic' view of Fisher - what he contributes to the squad, over a season. Not arguing he's not a good player. Often good when he plays. Often not that good when he plays. Doesn't play often enough (because of injury/suspension and I believe fitness/stamina issues given he's been on...
  13. S

Neil OUT

Well you need to make sure alll the posters on here know that. Because if Hughsey or Raff were allowing crosses to come in from the left with no effective challenge - they'd be getting ABSOLUTELY slaughtered here. To be frank - I can't see you being right as far as that being a considered...
  14. S

Neil OUT

We have a really good player in Fisher. But the reality is, over a season - given Fisher's substantive contribution - Right back is a weak spot.
  15. S

Neil OUT

Fair point if both play to their potential.
  16. S

Neil OUT

But not tonight - or this season at all really. He has some attaching ability when it suits him - but many other deficiencies.