PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. Funky Monk

Covid 19 - counter arguments

I think people are also avoiding getting health complaints checked now with the horrendous waiting times etc. in the NHS.
  2. Funky Monk

I tried both. Neither are working for me.
  3. Funky Monk

The link isn't working for me either. I do wonder about the impact of an increasingly sedentary lifestyle and increasing alcohol consumption (both accelerated by the pandemic) on cardiovascular health. Even now there are a lot more people working from home, not going out as much, and drinking...
  4. Funky Monk

Who's in the drawer, Peter?

Alex Ferguson was alright.
  5. Funky Monk

Alan Browne

Inspirational performance from Browne yesterday. Dragged us over the line again towards the end.
  6. Funky Monk

Team vs Rotherham

Woodman Storey Lindsay Hughes Potts Whiteman McCann Best Browne Mads Osmajić
  7. Funky Monk

England Euro 2024 qualifiers

It's hard to win tournaments. Ask Pep about Champions League performances with City before last year, or PSG, etc. Even more so when you hardly get any time to embed ideas on training pitch. If somehow Guardiola decided he wanted to manage England I could see it being another Capello scenario -...
  8. Funky Monk

Footballers wages

Their wages are determined by the market and the vast amount of money in the game - nothing to do with fairness so no point comparing wages with people who might appear intrinsically more valuable (e.g., public services). The players are valuable to the clubs paying the money. Do they deserve...
  9. Funky Monk

Ifollow

Shambolic service. Got a refund today thankfully.
  10. Funky Monk

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Is the criteria for new hosts self-satisfied smugness? Just like Paxman actually 😂
  11. Funky Monk

Deflection

You’re right. Climate change projections are based on large ensembles of (mechanistic/physics-based, not statistical) computational models which are incredibly complex, employ a whole range of emissions scenarios and are continually calibrated with real-world historical observations (regional...
  12. Funky Monk

Match Day - PNE v The Plastics - 25/04/22 - KO:19:30 - Championship

Grayson cringing at Ryan Lowe's fist pumps 😂
  13. Funky Monk

Dingles or Toffee’s

Yeh its on the river, just north of the city centre.
  14. Funky Monk

3pm TV Blackout To End?

I think the main footballing threat to attracting local (casual) fans from going to their local stadium is Premier league football (in the pub). As long as PL football is still banned from being streamed at 3pm, they should allow streaming for lower leagues. I think lower league clubs would make...
  15. Funky Monk

3pm TV Blackout To End?

I think the blackout is well out of date now. Fans should be able to pay to see their team and it’s not feasible to visit Deepdale every other week from anywhere in the UK. People already just use VPN or other methods as it is.
  16. Funky Monk

Dingles or Toffee’s

Burnley. Another big derby game and they’re not quite as likely to go straight back up.
  17. Funky Monk

Match Day - PNE v Donkey Lashers - 05/04/22 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Bit naughty from Archer there. Shades of Hunt and Petr Cech all those years ago.
  18. Funky Monk

Chris Rock gets a slap

It is so sad when kids who witness these things carry around that guilt, sometimes for the rest of their lives. An awful situation for a child to be in for which they are completely blameless. 😔