PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. Karl Marx

Current location of North end fans

I suggest a Currywurst and Pils for a real Berlin business dinner.
  2. Karl Marx

Second team

I was wondering if people have a second team they support, by which I mean you are annoyed when they lose. And if you have one, why? I don't.
  3. Karl Marx

Current location of North end fans

Walton-le-Dale to Fulwood to Birmingham to Leek to Hannover to Crawley to London to Montreal and now Berlin
  4. Karl Marx

Has there been a more unwatchable season?

Look at our finances (Swiss Rambler on Twitter, well worth following)
  5. Karl Marx

Worst managers of the last 20 years

Very interesting interviews with several of these managers in North End Souls 3 - well worth a read. Some of them come off better than you might expect.
  6. Karl Marx

Blackpool vs PNE 16th September 1968

Excellent stuff, Ernest. Brings back a lot of memories, I was a season ticket holder and went to every game with my dad.
  7. Karl Marx

It was 50 years ago today ......

Great memories. I hope to experience that kind of euphoria at least once more
  8. Karl Marx

My dad told me today...

1963 vs. Charlton
  9. Karl Marx

1964 memories...

This was my first season, saw every home game. My dad went to Villa Park. I remember crying behind the sofa at the end of the final.
  10. Karl Marx

PNE Forever - Stories from the fans of Preston North End

Talking about exiles.... Does anyone remember the mailing list from the 90s?
  11. Karl Marx

PNE Forever - Stories from the fans of Preston North End

The book is excellent. Real fans, great memories. Beautifully produced as well.
  12. Karl Marx

Ex-PNE gear you now own

Letter from Howard Kendall
  13. Karl Marx

Wigan game on "TV" - Exiles

DAZN is a new company in Germany that has the internet rights for most of the European leagues, including the Championship. They also carry the Premier League, the top divisions in Italy, France and Spain, as well as other sports. €9.99/month with one month's free trial. I think you'd have to...
  14. Karl Marx

Match broadcast in Germany

The channel Sportsdigital is showing the game: https://www.sportdigital.de/index/fansehen They are also streaming it for €1.99.
  15. Karl Marx

PNE and Playoffs

This is from a Guardian article - The Joy of Six: Football League play-off finals. Read it here. They're all bad, but which was the best? And the worst?
  16. Karl Marx

PNE Quiz in The Guardian

Q1. In the 1888-89 season, Preston won the FA Cup. How many goals did they concede in the tournament? The rest is here.
  17. Karl Marx

Interesting article in the Independent

Here it is: Brown battling to put some pride back into historic Preston
  18. Karl Marx

Worst commentator

Who do you think is the worst sports commentator? I can't stand Alan Green - a self-opinionated egomaniac.
  19. Karl Marx

Most expensive PNE programme ever?

For a mere £4,500.00 you too can own a 1922 Cup Final programme - PNE vs. Huddersfield. Official programme for the 1922 FA Cup Final between Preston North End and Huddersfield Town, played at Chelsea's home ground of Stamford Bridge. Town won 1-0 thanks to a penalty by Billy Smith. Covers sl...
  20. Karl Marx

John Terry: £150,000 per week.

The BBC says £150,000 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8230500.stm The Guardian says £170,000 http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/31/john-terry-signs-new-chelsea-contract Times like this that I hate Premier League football.