PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. Durutti

Is the lack of squad depth making Lowe look daft?

I don't know the answer. I know Lowe could make himself look daft in a room on his own but it just seems that every sub looks a stupid decision...because every person coming on is so much worse than the person they replace, is 'his subs are shite' a bit of a cheap shot?
  2. Durutti

The second worst attacking team in the division (XG and stats)

I've put this on other threads but thought it's worth highlighting to fans who hadn't seen it. I've been getting a bit more into XG these last few seasons. Here's the table currently. https://footystats.org/england/championship/xg Preston lie second bottom for expected goals in the...
  3. Durutti

Tactical observation from the commentator.

Apologies, I have tried to find out who the woman who commentated on SS was tonight but can't find the info. Anyway, first half, she made a really good point I hadn't realised. She said something along the lines of 'it's fascinating watching PNE (I fell off my chair at this point but carried...
  4. Durutti

An observation about the high performing Championship teams.

Look down the list of the top seven teams in the division and there is a key theme: Flat back fours Quality wingers Pace out wide. If all the teams floating around the top I would say that only us and Cov play the back 3 and wing backs Bidwell and Norton Cuffy who can do it well. Sheff Utd...
  5. Durutti

The least popular successful PNE manager?

Just thinking about it today, I've lived through some bullshit. Watching an inept Phil Brown sign an inept Ian Ashbee, play the man for a few games and have to terminate his contract, Westley making players lift imaginary weights, John Beck getting heavy sand mounds put into the corner areas to...
  6. Durutti

Lessons learnt today

For me: 1) if BD has a contract at the club, just play him. Home and away, he is the best centre back at the club 2) Alvaro has moved from promising youngster to essential selection now. If he isn't burnt out, Brady is now second fiddle to him. 3) I've described Parrott as 'shit' a lot on...
  7. Durutti

Realistic Replacements (Peter Ridsdale)

This is obviously more difficult as these DofF types come in all shapes and from varying backgrounds within the game but we need to think really carefully about what we do after Ridsdale. It's not a case of 'any fucker'. Keep doing the same thing/keep getting the same result always rings true...
  8. Durutti

Are we not getting the context of the division? (Every game is terrible?)

Before I start, I am with you. I've started doing light weight life admin during PNE TV performances it's so fucking dull. My question is, is it just the whole league? I'm just reading the room as I see it: Footage of frustrated Stoke fans smashing pies looking bored as fuck (and rightly so)...
  9. Durutti

Diaby needs to be playing.

Bambo was twice as good as any player on the pitch today. What the living hell is he doing on the bench every week? He's a massive unit. He can only get fitness by playing. Sort it out Lowe. And before anyone says it, they all have a mistake in them. Having the odd 9/10 performance like he did...
  10. Durutti

Ryan Lowe's comments on Riis

'We know what it is don't we?" he said. "Let's not beat around the bush. Until January comes and we can help the group, then we know. Lads are doing different jobs up there fantastically well, in different ways, but we haven't got a 20-goal-a-season striker just yet. Emil did it last season...
  11. Durutti

Would we suit a 442 counter attacking formation?

Watching PNE really gives you time to think about life's big questions. I was bored to death yesterday so started coming up with a 4411 / 442 line up in my head. RB is obviously a dumpster fire but stay with me. (/=Or) Woodman Storey Lindsay Hughes/Bauer Cunningham Brady McCann...
  12. Durutti

Happy Burnley Relegation Day

Here's hoping the financial problems are worse than being reported. Get the drinks in.
  13. Durutti

It will be interesting to see how positivity works on this squad

Just listening to Lowe's interview explaining in a pretty aggressive way why he picked Ali McCann at wing back and it struck me that it's been a long time since the manager's actions (not words) have reflected a belief in his players. Having had a kind of broken, defensive, 'match the...
  14. Durutti

Do we fit a 4-2-3-1?

I know it's got a bit of a bad rep after Neil's final months here but are we shooting ourselves in the foot by not operating a 4-3-2-1 system? It's the most popular formation across European football used by just about every elite club and plenty in this division. I know not many squads suit it...
  15. Durutti

Gregg Cunningham MKII

This new version of Gregg has never looked right and for all the justified criticism of Lindsay, Cunningham was attrocious today for a longer period of time. He offers nothing in terms of aerial ability, poor mobility, can't play LCB or LWB. What on earth did he do to justify a two year deal...
  16. Durutti

Anyone know anything about the players who are out?

I do hate the new culture of cloak and dagger in terms of injury but I suppose it does make opponents struggle to plan ahead. Anyone have any news on Ched, Sinclair, Barky? Obviously on a public forum nobody should be discussing whatever Huntington is going through as it sounds absolutely...
  17. Durutti

Patrick Bauer Appreciation Thread

What a brilliant performance today. What a massive difference this guy makes to the team. Needs to stay fit now. Love him.
  18. Durutti

Time for Bayliss surely??

We edge closer to safety and for that, I salute the efforts of Frankie McAvoy who has played his hand well enough for me. But does it feel to anyone else like Bayliss getting ten minutes would, according to the last two managers, usher in the second ice age? How fucking awful is this lad in...
  19. Durutti

Frankie McAvoy

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-advisor-peter-ridsdale-frankie-mcavoy-will-get-the-chance-to-land-deepdale-job-full-time-3173296 Thought this deserved it's own thread given that Neil leaving is the past and McAvoy coming in is the (possibly short term)...
  20. Durutti

Putting it in perspective

We've lost Davies, the best defender in the division at the last stage of the window and had to scramble for replacements. The work that went into making Davies who he has become can't just be bought without serious cash. Lindsay could be a surprise package. I see why people are underwhelmed...