PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Search results

1. E

Team v Rovrum

Do we know the current status of Whiteman, Potts and Osmajic with regard to their injuries?
  2. E

Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile

Thanks - yes you are right Tommy Hough. My dad who passed from this life over sixteen years ago now actually knew him a bit. Apparently in later life Tommy Hough could sometimes be found sitting on a bench in Preston town centre watching the world go by and my dad would say hello to him.
  3. E

Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile

My dad reckoned that on his day a player we had in the late 40s or so called Jimmy Hough was every bit as good as Sir Tom.
  4. E

Team v Rovrum

Presuming Potts and Whiteman will be unavailable then that is likely. If Brady were to be deemed fit to start then in Potts' absence I would prefer to see him on the right with Millar attacking down the left - the fact that both would be 'wrong-footed' would not matter since both are better...
  5. E

Matchday Thread Plymouth Argyle v PNE - 16/03/24 - KO:3PM - Championship

Totally agree about Evans - I only really added that final comment to avoid any accusations of being prejudiced against him. The fact is that he has never really been effective when starting but yes he did have a purple patch as a 'supersub' last season which provided some memorable moments. But...
  6. E

Milllar was played as a central striker at Norwich a position in which he was totally ineffective - he lacks the robustness necessary for a central striker and I don't think I have ever seen him collect the ball with his back to goal under pressure from a defender and keep possession. He is just...
  7. E

Yesterday's result kept our season alive - it was hard-earned and we have to hope that we get as many as possible of our injured players back as soon as possible. All five of Whiteman, Potts, Osmajic, Browne and Riis are valuable but I would suggest that Browne and Riis are the two we need back...
  8. E

A massive three points that keep us in the play-off mix though we need to string together another run of wins. A win gained through sheer hard work as much as anything else. Looking at those who went off injured today difficult to say how long they will be out - Osmajic looks like he was...
  9. E

An odd match with just a few flashes of class from Frokjaer before we scored after which everything became more intense. We need the points and getting them is secondary to how we might do so. Brady has played well and though Millar scored when on the right I would still like to see Millar...
  10. E

If we do get the points today the key players are likely to be Frokjaer and Osmajic.
  11. E

So much for the official site yesterday saying only Whiteman and Evans were unavailable unless Browne and Riis have somehow picked up knocks in the meantime. Can't fathom Brady ahead of Millar though the latter hasn't been at his most effective in recent matches - but if he isn't for whatever...
  12. E

Alan Browne injury?

The official site says that Whiteman and Evans are the only absentees and in truth even if Evans were fit then with Riis, Keane, Osmajic and Stewart available there would be no compelling case for including him in the squad. If Browne is available then he will move inside to replace Whiteman...
  13. E

Matchday Thread PNE v Stoke City - 9/03/24 - KO:3PM - Championship

Agreed - when we up our tempo we become a different side.
  14. E

Defensive application and some running and physicality in attack. I agree he lacks invention but if you look at what I said a crucial thing about the return of Potts is that it would allow Browne to revert to a more central role where his energy and ability to play an accurate pass would be...
  15. E

There are no easy matches and our opponents yesterday we have to admit played quite well. Our weakness was an inability to get possession, keep it and the play constructive forward passes - on the few occasions we did we looked dangerous but we just did not do so frequently enough. The return of...
  16. E

That was frustrating but though we upped out tempo in the second half we never got into the habit of getting the ball on the ground, controlling it and and making forward passes for players to run onto. There were only two occasions when we did - on one we did and on the other we nearly did. I...
  17. E

This has been a tough contest and if anything it is a bit of a relief to go in level at half-time. But I don't think that our opponents have any more than they have shown so far while we can certainly do a lot better. We need to play more forward passes for Riis and Millar to run onto - there...
  18. E

Right the first thing is that there are no easy matches in this division - if there were there would be little point playing them. So this afternoon we have to go out and play with the same intent that we did last time but with just a bit more clinicality in front of goal. If we do then we can...
  19. E

PNE Academy/Central League Thread 23/24

That wasn't quite the result we wanted but these things happen. Another goal for Rodriguez-Gentile - this lad may not be big physically but he can be clinical in his finishing. At some point whether this season or next we will see him on the pitch in a first team match and when he does get there...
  20. E

Matchday Thread Southampton v PNE - 6/03/24 - KO:7:45PM - Championship (Postponed)

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but this is what football is meant to be about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68499793