🎶Riis is the word.🎶

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
He’s good physically and has good pace but he often looks like he doesn’t know what runs to make, has a really poor first touch and his finishing hasn’t been great up until now either.

But time is still on his side. Unlike players like May, Stockley, and Doyle he does have the physical attributes and the pace to compete with defenders in this league, so if he improves (albiet, needs to improve a lot) the technical side of his game he can still make it.

NG White

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm convinced we have a player in Riis, we started out using him properly & he looked an unreal signing but then reverted to lumping long balls to him & before long it was blatantly obvious his confidence had drained.

Let's hope he has settled in properly once the season comes around. He needs working with obviously on his decision making & his awareness of runners around him but he has all the natural attributes to be a complete nightmare for defenders.

Aqueous

Manager
I have high hopes for Riis in the coming season or two. A few goals and confidence and I think he will be a real handful for defenders at this level. Playing two up top should help him in his development as long as we don't decide he's tall so must be a target man and just slam balls up in the air at him.

BPIG - GBNF

Forum Patron
Patron
I honestly keep forgetting we have him!

I saw enough in that one game at Huddersfield to know that he’s an incredible talent. He was turning defenders inside out, running past them with ease and striking the ball incredibly well.

Looked like he lost a lot of confidence in the 2nd half of the season but as Savage says, now he’s settled I’m hopeful he will be a big player for us next season.

Dreyfuss

Manager
Big season for Emil, this is his breakthrough year, I have a strong feeling about that.
I do hope you're right. We did see a real talent when he first arrived but I think AN would have sucked the life out of any striker with the way he approached games last season.

Many times he'd bring Riis on and take off one or both wingers and we'd just bump balls over the top for him to run on to. It was so low brow.

Effectively riis had to beat his man, control the poor pass and then beat the keeper and score a goal. It was a lot to ask of a young kid and his confidence drained within a month. It was just very poor man management.

york white

Forum Patron
Patron
Still hopeful for Emil, clearly a lot of very raw talent. The bit that concerns me is we are amateurs in the overseas market. You are not telling me lots of clubs (Brentford etc) didn't look at him first.

Alpine White

Forum Patron
Patron
Still hopeful for Emil, clearly a lot of very raw talent. The bit that concerns me is we are amateurs in the overseas market. You are not telling me lots of clubs (Brentford etc) didn't look at him first.
I know various German 2nd division clubs were in for him but outbid by PNE. My local club Darmstadt were willing to go over a million euros but „simply cannot compete with the Financial Power of English clubs „