• Please support our latest project if you can. Flags for Deepdale - Sea of blue and white. https://www.gofundme.com/f/Deepdaleflags

1-0 down and he brings on 2 defenders!!!!!

Elwiss

Advisor to the Owner
I hated the style of football under John Beck - once when we kicked the ball to the corner flag on kick off I walked out. Sad thing is that despite the crazy tactics at least some games entertained unlike the current dross that is served up the majority of the time. I am astounded that a player like Sinclair is all but a passenger in most games at this level - play to our qualities

JK

Head Honcho
Staff member
Patron
The only good reason for bringing Bodin on was maybe to show clubs in the lower divisions that we think he’s match fit and good to play straight away?

That's exactly what I was thinking. On that pitch and coming back from so long out the chances of him changing the game was minimal.

He had the ball three times and lost it three times.

Those three changes where odd.

lilywhitetel

Forum Patron
Patron
The only good reason for bringing Bodin on was maybe to show clubs in the lower divisions that we think he’s match fit and good to play straight away?
Not sure his non-performance would persuade anyone to take a punt on Bodin unless Trev subsidises 100% of his wage.

Oh HughieHughie

Forum Patron
Patron
Couple of thoughts - if you're going to play shit football you need to get results, playing in such a negative manner and losing consistently is unacceptable 13 defeats this season - only Wycombe have more. Can't remember too many games where I've thought we played well and were unlucky.

Logically I accept what some of the changes were intended to do - push browne on, get cunningham forwards but once again it killed the small amount of momentum we had, we'd just had a couple of crosses/headers- that is just bonkers, remember him doing the same against Bristol City. For the players coming on Bodin and Cunningham who've played no football recently is was the footballing equivalent of throwing them under the bus + the risk of aggravating injuries.

jumping mouse

Advisor to the Owner
It's not about the subs. Hughes took a knock. Rafferty enabled Browne to push on.

It's because he plays one up front, despite not being able to buy a striker who can play there. He's never had one since Hugill, who he inherited.

And it's about having hundreds of midfielders (most of them number 10s), and no idea which ones play together best.

simonnisbet

Advisor to the Owner
Has anybody asked AN what kind if football he is actually trying to achieve, I would love to know the answer. I think we do have the players to hurt teams but our approach is so lame.
Would love to see a high press or a more counter attacking style. Im not sure what you would label ours. We can dominate the half way line and thats about it!
Bore off AN

IanBogie9

Advisor to the Owner
Just listened to his post match iFollow interview and he states that his latest injury, which required an operation, was caused by him having "a ball smashed into him at the end of training whilst talking to one of the lads".

Sounds like someone has hit a ball towards him either as a joke or by accident and he ended up needing surgery. You couldn't write it.
My money is on Ledson

Finney Fan

Manager
Neil’s use of his subs have always been one of his weaknesses and something he needs to look at. Lose count of the amount of times you’re watching us and you can see we’re calling out for some fresh legs and it takes 10-15 minutes for him to react.

Then when he does make them they’re usually baffling, just looking back in recent weeks the subs against Bristol City, Reading and yesterday all changed the momentum in the other teams favour.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
Iversen , Whiteman , Molumby , Davies , Sinclair , Browne , DJ. I can go on

2 of those are loans & probably too early to say with both.

Too early to say with Whiteman.

Davies absolutely but is leaving.

SS, AB (in midfield) & DJ absolutely.

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
Bodin said post match he had a full week's training prior to the game. Who knows maybe he was looking really sharp. He definitely has skill in the penalty box, problem was we didn't get the ball there whilst he was on. I only saw the last 20 mins where North End were stifled by Wednesday's high press and just couldn't get any movement going. If you don't get the ball in the box not sure Evans could have done anything either.

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
You don’t kick a manager out of the club for being at fault for one game mate.

We are in the top half on a bottom six budget. He’s doing a good job but he makes mistakes. Today is one of those days.
Sorry, but how many games have you watched this season?

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Has anybody asked AN what kind if football he is actually trying to achieve, I would love to know the answer. I think we do have the players to hurt teams but our approach is so lame.
Would love to see a high press or a more counter attacking style. Im not sure what you would label ours. We can dominate the half way line and thats about it!
Bore off AN
We're not bad at counter-attacking. That's how we've got some impressive away results - Reading, Brentford, Bournemouth - but managers of home sides are wise to us now and (especially lower placed clubs) keep things tight, playing like the away team. And, as our home form shows, we struggle to break down defensive set ups.