PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

100% behind fergie!

pne fc

I have been at 4 out of the first 5 games this season and i firmly believe fergie is the right man to take us to the premiership. Last season he was trying to manage dead wood and this year his summer has been disrupted and he probably still doesnt have his preffered team because of injuries to key players and free transfers over the summer. From what i have seen so far this season ( bar the doncaster game) we have been by far the better side and should have at least 9 points on the board. He can do nothing about jokes of referees and the players conceding 3 goals in 6 mad minutes. We have had no luck so far this season but the performances have been great and the results will come soon....over the next few games we will be without more key players from injuries and suspension so starting tuesday night at deepdale,, lets get behind the players and the boss and getting 6 points out of 2 home games if definately possible in my eyes and would see us a respectable mid table.

What are your thoughts?

Faith in Fergie

I'm encouraged by the performance on Sat and the quality and confidence of some of the players on the ball compared to last sesaon, but I think you must have been facing the other way at Swansea.

Absolutely right man for the job. The brand of football he adopts is exciting to watch at times. He appears to have an eye for a player ( bar maybe Gray). He has his dad for backup re loan signings . He appears media savi and don't take shit from the players. This year is about staying up and stability. .. Next season we will be a force to be reckoned with let's hope he will be given time. I think he will but fans are so fickle.

I have been at 4 out of the first 5 games this season and i firmly believe fergie is the right man to take us to the premiership. Last season he was trying to manage dead wood and this year his summer has been disrupted and he probably still doesnt have his preffered team because of injuries to key players and free transfers over the summer. From what i have seen so far this season ( bar the doncaster game) we have been by far the better side and should have at least 9 points on the board. He can do nothing about jokes of referees and the players conceding 3 goals in 6 mad minutes. We have had no luck so far this season but the performances have been great and the results will come soon....over the next few games we will be without more key players from injuries and suspension so starting tuesday night at deepdale,, lets get behind the players and the boss and getting 6 points out of 2 home games if definately possible in my eyes and would see us a respectable mid table.

What are your thoughts?

Faith in Fergie

My thoughts are that although you make some reasonable points, eg we have had no luck with refs/injuries, there IS something a manager and his coaches can do about conceding sloppy goals and caving in under pressure. The organisation of the side after Jones went off was poor. Despite only having 10 men, we should have been able to cope for the amount of time left. And of course, we conceded very poor goals at Swansea (presumably the game you didn't see) and again caved in under pressure. Any decent manager should be able to get a team defending capably, through ORGANISATION. We saw it in the World Cup-'inferior' teams, skill wise, were still able to at least frustrate opponents with more skillful players, so long as they were organised. Just as importantly, a good manager must be able to instill confidence into a team so that they do not fall apart when things go against them. Unless of course, the players lack, in CB's words, 'moral fibre', which is another discussion altogether...........:(

100% agree with all key arguments on this thread ! Fibber is right in pointing out that it was poor organisation that ultimately cost us the points in those mad 6 minutes. ... I am very optimistic that DF will learn from that... of course it was extreme circumstances, but DF should have found a way. It wasn't just the goals, it was the team set up and panic that was the problem.

But still 100% certain that Fergie is the man to turn this club around. We have some rough waters to cross... it is essential that we accept any setbacks and get behind the bloke. Some of the football is a joy. Parkin's goal looked like it had been lifted out of the Moyes era.

My thoughts are that although you make some reasonable points, eg we have had no luck with refs/injuries, there IS something a manager and his coaches can do about conceding sloppy goals and caving in under pressure. The organisation of the side after Jones went off was poor. Despite only having 10 men, we should have been able to cope for the amount of time left. And of course, we conceded very poor goals at Swansea (presumably the game you didn't see) and again caved in under pressure. Any decent manager should be able to get a team defending capably, through ORGANISATION. We saw it in the World Cup-'inferior' teams, skill wise, were still able to at least frustrate opponents with more skillful players, so long as they were organised. Just as importantly, a good manager must be able to instill confidence into a team so that they do not fall apart when things go against them. Unless of course, the players lack, in CB's words, 'moral fibre', which is another discussion altogether...........:(

I was just about to write something similar but you saved me the bother! So thank you :)

If DF hadn't have had to use 3 substiuitions for injuries he would have been able to bring another defender on and we wouldn't be sat here talking about lack of organisation.

I don't think any of the 3 final goals were down to lack of organisation by the manager. Two were balls from deep that Iweelunatic first shinned into the bottom corner on the volley and the second was Morgan's fault for letting him get to the ball first. The third was a corner which arguably could be down to poor organisation from the coaches but hey lets just blame Lonergan for that one.

I have to agree the organisation of the defence once Jones had gone off was awful. Russel was at fault for their second as he was out of position. He was given the right full back birth. Their winner was simply through no organisation. However I would not place all blame on Fergie - of course the majority should lay with the players - but I would also bring in Unsworth into this. Is he not the defensive coach ? There have been too many occasions already this season where the defending as been shocking and Unsworth really has got a job to do.

I agree that if DF had not already used his 3 subs, to replace the injured, then he would have put Brown on he may have made the difference.

Lets hope tonight they get the manner in which we lost on Saturday out of the system quickly and take Forest to the cleaners... Up the Whites !

Ferguson's time is running out... the surge in "I believe in Fergie" posts from the ream team is testament to that. A pitiful win ratio of less than 20%, an embarrassing goals against column, a shameful away record, non-existent organisation, shambolic tactics, complete inability to defend, selling players for personal not football or financial reasons, isolating and refusing to play quality Championship players, blaming the ref or the players every week but never himself.... what a disaster for PNE 2010 has been.

The fact our only games that haven't ended in defeat this season are against two of the bottom six in League 2 and the side rock bottom in the Championship who don't even have enough players to fill a matchday squad says it all. Any talk of Ferguson having a long term vision is a simple blind faith excuse, with more holes than our back 4, to try and justify the disastrous start to the season, following on from the equally disastrous second half of last season. Lose the next 2 games, which we will, and it's only a matter of time til Deepdale's car park is unusually crowded for some time after the match as thousands protest against the clueless, arrogant idiot masquerading as our manager. Viva la revolution :D

Ferguson's time is running out... the surge in "I believe in Fergie" posts from the ream team is testament to that. A pitiful win ratio of less than 20%, an embarrassing goals against column, a shameful away record, non-existent organisation, shambolic tactics, complete inability to defend, selling players for personal not football or financial reasons, isolating and refusing to play quality Championship players, blaming the ref or the players every week but never himself.... what a disaster for PNE 2010 has been.

The fact our only games that haven't ended in defeat this season are against two of the bottom six in League 2 and the side rock bottom in the Championship who don't even have enough players to fill a matchday squad says it all. Any talk of Ferguson having a long term vision is a simple blind faith excuse, with more holes than our back 4, to try and justify the disastrous start to the season, following on from the equally disastrous second half of last season. Lose the next 2 games, which we will, and it's only a matter of time til Deepdale's car park is unusually crowded for some time after the match as thousands protest against the clueless, arrogant idiot masquerading as our manager. Viva la revolution :D

Other than this utter toss pot. I very much agree with everyone, Fergie is doing an excellent job and I've never been this excited as a Preston fan. We keep getting beat, we keep getting victory cruely taken away from us and it feels like the whole world is against us. Yet we have a team full of hungry talented and versitile footballers, granted a couple of more wouldnt go a miss (especially now we've got 3 injured) but that just adds to the tention.

Tonight looks like such a challenge and again another chance for the lads to hold there heads up high and put in a performance for fans. Finnaly get another win under our belts which we richly deserve.

But on the plus side, we are at least seeing some proper football at last - you can build organisation into a new squad but you cant make ordinary journeymen that we had into confident skilful players. I look forward to seeing how the likes of Barton develops through the season as he's the first midfielder we've had for yonks with time and skill on the ball.

ferguson's time is running out... The surge in "i believe in fergie" posts from the ream team is testament to that. A pitiful win ratio of less than 20%, an embarrassing goals against column, a shameful away record, non-existent organisation, shambolic tactics, complete inability to defend, selling players for personal not football or financial reasons, isolating and refusing to play quality championship players, blaming the ref or the players every week but never himself.... What a disaster for pne 2010 has been.

The fact our only games that haven't ended in defeat this season are against two of the bottom six in league 2 and the side rock bottom in the championship who don't even have enough players to fill a matchday squad says it all. Any talk of ferguson having a long term vision is a simple blind faith excuse, with more holes than our back 4, to try and justify the disastrous start to the season, following on from the equally disastrous second half of last season. Lose the next 2 games, which we will, and it's only a matter of time til deepdale's car park is unusually crowded for some time after the match as thousands protest against the clueless, arrogant idiot masquerading as our manager. Viva la revolution :d

twat alert! Twat alert! Twat alert!

No PNE manager has had it as difficult as DF. Cutting the inflated wage bill of a squad that was one of the smallest in the championship yet in the top ten when it came to the size of the wage bill.
I can't beleive he is getting stick after that performance. The back four and midfield were set up perfectly up until the sending off but when you have had to make 3 forced substituitions what was he meant to do.
He should have been able to rely on Lonnergan, SSL and especially Davidson to kerp it together but he couldn't, they wilted under the pressure.
If he had been able to bring Brown we would have won.
DF is slowly getting it right and someone is going to get a tanking soon.

No PNE manager has had it as difficult as DF. Cutting the inflated wage bill of a squad that was one of the smallest in the championship yet in the top ten when it came to the size of the wage bill.
I can't beleive he is getting stick after that performance. The back four and midfield were set up perfectly up until the sending off but when you have had to make 3 forced substituitions what was he meant to do.
He should have been able to rely on Lonnergan, SSL and especially Davidson to kerp it together but he couldn't, they wilted under the pressure.
If he had been able to bring Brown we would have won.
DF is slowly getting it right and someone is going to get a tanking soon.

Please, Ferguson inherited a mid-table Championship side who'd finished 6th a few months earlier and turned us into relegation fodder within weeks. All this talk of never being so excited to be a North End fan is hilarious - yeah, 22nd and heading down, shipping goals for fun, we've never had it so good. It's so funny how the blindfaithers can't defend the shocking results so now they just claim to be loving every second of life under Ferguson regardless. I'll try and tell myself that walking back up Lowthorpe Road after the hammering we've got coming our way tonight.... "It doesn't matter we lost 6-0, we played some great football and it's never been so exciting being a PNE fan". I could say that claptrap 50 times and I still wouldn't believe it :eek:

The standard of our football is getting better game by game. Obviously we need actually get some points, but remember Burnley are a team only just relegated from the Premier League - and hotly tipped to go straight back up (despite a clown as a manager).

We outplayed and outpassed them on their own turf for 80 minutes 11 v 11, and all they could do was hit in long and high and resort to dirty tactics to get our players injured.

I am a lot more confident now than at any time under Irvine.

Without the sending off we would have seen it out. I think even if Iwelumo hadn't have got his volley, which was out of nothing, we would have hung on with 10 men.