PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

100% behind fergie!

My thoughts are that although you make some reasonable points, eg we have had no luck with refs/injuries, there IS something a manager and his coaches can do about conceding sloppy goals and caving in under pressure. The organisation of the side after Jones went off was poor. Despite only having 10 men, we should have been able to cope for the amount of time left. And of course, we conceded very poor goals at Swansea (presumably the game you didn't see) and again caved in under pressure. Any decent manager should be able to get a team defending capably, through ORGANISATION. We saw it in the World Cup-'inferior' teams, skill wise, were still able to at least frustrate opponents with more skillful players, so long as they were organised. Just as importantly, a good manager must be able to instill confidence into a team so that they do not fall apart when things go against them. Unless of course, the players lack, in CB's words, 'moral fibre', which is another discussion altogether...........:(
see, im not convinced its a lack of organisation from a managerial standpoint.

against Everton, Doncaster and Burnley (i havent seen Swansea) then we played well, even at the back, until we made one silly mistake, concede, and we crumble (im talking the second for Burnley, the one that actually came from an obvious mistake).

At burnely we were playing good counter attacking football until their second. Even without Jones we were soaking up the pressure quite well.

I think Regardless hits it for me. Panic. maybe too much pressure is being put on these players before games, maybe the management are stressing the importance of a win too much. But somethings making us panic when we concede (particularly the more "avoidable" goals) and DF needs to get to the root of it to save his job.

If he solves it im convinced we could storm this league, if he doesnt, im convinced we'll go down.

Last edited:
If DF hadn't have had to use 3 substiuitions for injuries he would have been able to bring another defender on and we wouldn't be sat here talking about lack of organisation.

This is exactly right. Fibber and anyother negative nut jobs like the basket case note that 2 nasty injurys and a dodgy red card not bad organisation cost us a famous win.

I am 100% behind Fergie.

Please, Ferguson inherited a mid-table Championship side who'd finished 6th a few months earlier and turned us into relegation fodder within weeks. All this talk of never being so excited to be a North End fan is hilarious - yeah, 22nd and heading down, shipping goals for fun, we've never had it so good. It's so funny how the blindfaithers can't defend the shocking results so now they just claim to be loving every second of life under Ferguson regardless. I'll try and tell myself that walking back up Lowthorpe Road after the hammering we've got coming our way tonight.... "It doesn't matter we lost 6-0, we played some great football and it's never been so exciting being a PNE fan". I could say that claptrap 50 times and I still wouldn't believe it :eek:

We wasn't mid table though when he took over. We were near the bottom with Hemmings refusing to let that grey haired wanker waste any more of his money on players that said wankerd didnt play.
You have had issues from day 1. Like boggers and the rest of shaws bummers your posts stink of a ulterior motive.

If life is so great under Ferguson and the football so much better than under Irvine, why is it season ticket sales have slumped from 9700 to 6100 (confirmed on BBC Sport). That's 37% of season ticket holders who Ferguson has driven away from the club - sure, a handful won't renew due to financial reasons but the vast majority it's fair to assume saw the shocking performances in the second half of last season and decided enough was enough. Ultimately it's not good performances we need anyway, it's results. I'd rather us grind out an ugly 1-0 win tonight than try to knock it about and get hammered, anyone worth their salt knows you can't play your way out of trouble. Anyone that is except Ferguson, the clueless idiot :mad:

We wasn't mid table though when he took over. We were near the bottom with Hemmings refusing to let that grey haired wanker waste any more of his money on players that said wankerd didnt play.
You have had issues from day 1. Like boggers and the rest of shaws bummers your posts stink of a ulterior motive.

We were 16th when Irvine left, that's mid-table not near the bottom. We were actually 8 points off the play-offs and 8 points off the drop, that's about as mid-table as you can get.

16th, 8 points from relegation places, 8 points from playoff places. That is fairly close to mid-table surely?

We were 16th when Irvine left, that's mid-table not near the bottom. We were actually 8 points off the play-offs and 8 points off the drop, that's about as mid-table as you can get.

Fair enough but were we not on a horific run where not only were we not scoring we were not even creating chances.
The wasting money comment still stands like.

Last edited:
If life is so great under Ferguson and the football so much better than under Irvine, why is it season ticket sales have slumped from 9700 to 6100 (confirmed on BBC Sport). That's 37% of season ticket holders who Ferguson has driven away from the club - sure, a handful won't renew due to financial reasons but the vast majority it's fair to assume saw the shocking performances in the second half of last season and decided enough was enough. Ultimately it's not good performances we need anyway, it's results. I'd rather us grind out an ugly 1-0 win tonight than try to knock it about and get hammered, anyone worth their salt knows you can't play your way out of trouble. Anyone that is except Ferguson, the clueless idiot :mad:

Last season with the wonderfull Irivine having guided PNE to 6th (the prvious season) we sold just over 7200 season tickets, this season as you state just over 6100, so try and get the facts right cocker.

The standard of our football is getting better game by game. Obviously we need actually get some points, but remember Burnley are a team only just relegated from the Premier League - and hotly tipped to go straight back up (despite a clown as a manager).

We outplayed and outpassed them on their own turf for 80 minutes 11 v 11, and all they could do was hit in long and high and resort to dirty tactics to get our players injured.

I am a lot more confident now than at any time under Irvine.

Without the sending off we would have seen it out. I think even if Iwelumo hadn't have got his volley, which was out of nothing, we would have hung on with 10 men.

Totally agree witht he majority of this. Surely anyone can see we are starting to move in the right direction and once a leader like Wayne Brown is installed in the defenec I think the capitualation we saw on saturday won't happen again.
If Jones had been on the pitch Iwelumo would not have got his volley as that is the position Jones would have been and Russel was absent from to allow him the time and space to get the volley off. I hope not, but I have a feeling Jones will be badly missed tonight. I would even be tempted to play SSL there and bring Brown in the centre rather than Gray.

Firstly, get the figures right before you start "spouting" your usual anti DF opinions... Ticket sales have also dropped because of a recession....

Secondly, you cannot deny we have improved game after game since the season started.. FORGET LAST SEASON YOU MUPPETT as he had very little of what he wanted in place and obviously had been given his orders from above...

Thirdly, unlike Irvine he has not been given money to go and get playerd he wants because of restrictions.

Fourthly, he makes more sense than Irvine. The need for pace and youth are the future of PNE because of restrictions and because the better teams in the world all have players like that (granted with more ability than the players we "currently" have).

Finally, he needs 2 seasons to get the club back in shape and develop a style he his happy with... look at SAF, he was a couple of games from getting the sack and look how he turned out... AND yet he is still making mistakes...

I have seen enough and heard things that DF has said that encourage me no end... I personally don't care if we go down this season (I dont believe we will) because I think he would bring us straight back up and playing football in an attractive way that will not only win games BUT bring the crowds back to.....

I am of the view that Fergie is doing a decent job under very difficult circumstances and is developing himself in his role all the time.
He has instilled passion and committment into our play which has been sadly lacking previously and the squad seems to be bonding and playing for each other.
I agree that we have had a poor start to the season and can only hope that this turns around hopefully tonight with a win against Forest.
I have spoken to Fergie and he genuinely loves our club and is desperate to succeed so to hear negative comments can not exactly be encouraging to either him or the players.
It is down to us the supporters to back the cause 100%.

I am of the view that Fergie is doing a decent job under very difficult circumstances and is developing himself in his role all the time.
He has instilled passion and committment into our play which has been sadly lacking previously and the squad seems to be bonding and playing for each other.
I agree that we have had a poor start to the season and can only hope that this turns around hopefully tonight with a win against Forest.
I have spoken to Fergie and he genuinely loves our club and is desperate to succeed so to hear negative comments can not exactly be encouraging to either him or the players.
It is down to us the supporters to back the cause 100%.

100 per cent agreement. I was very disappointed when AI was fired - I thought he was a decent man and represented the club well. I bear no malice towards him. As such it took me a while to get used to DF as manager but as he has grown into the job I have become increasingly impressed with him. We have had desperately bad luck this season with injuries and in the last match refereeing decisions. We just need to find a little run of two or three matches without defeat and ideally a couple of victories. If that happens then a little run might become a rather bigger one. The team is not in freefall, it is not disintegrating. It has been a tough start to the season, but there is a long way to go.

I have to agree the organisation of the defence once Jones had gone off was awful. Russel was at fault for their second as he was out of position. He was given the right full back birth. Their winner was simply through no organisation. However I would not place all blame on Fergie - of course the majority should lay with the players - but I would also bring in Unsworth into this. Is he not the defensive coach ? There have been too many occasions already this season where the defending as been shocking and Unsworth really has got a job to do.

I agree that if DF had not already used his 3 subs, to replace the injured, then he would have put Brown on he may have made the difference.

Lets hope tonight they get the manner in which we lost on Saturday out of the system quickly and take Forest to the cleaners... Up the Whites !

i'm fully behind fergie too. his young team already show far more desire, passion and skill than we saw with irvine's expensively assembled team. if we continue to play as we did against burnley and address our woeful efforts at defending crosses and corners then i'm sure we have a bright future ahead.

good luck to the team tonight.

Improving game after game, with no points from our last 2 matches? Are you for real? :eek:

Are you for real, a guy who wants to watch 1-0 boring wins?? A guy who wants to watch PNE show little skill and employ players who have no passion for the shirt. Do you watch the games?? Do you understand football?? Does the season last 5 games??

Playing the sort of football we have begun to play WILL get us promoted... May be next season or the season after BUT we have more chance than we have playing the "standard of football" we did under Irvine...

STFU and lets see what Jan 31st brings.... Not 5 games and a restricted budget....

Please, Ferguson inherited a mid-table Championship side who'd finished 6th a few months earlier and turned us into relegation fodder within weeks. All this talk of never being so excited to be a North End fan is hilarious - yeah, 22nd and heading down, shipping goals for fun, we've never had it so good. It's so funny how the blindfaithers can't defend the shocking results so now they just claim to be loving every second of life under Ferguson regardless. I'll try and tell myself that walking back up Lowthorpe Road after the hammering we've got coming our way tonight.... "It doesn't matter we lost 6-0, we played some great football and it's never been so exciting being a PNE fan". I could say that claptrap 50 times and I still wouldn't believe it :eek:

Unless they've moved funny girls to Lowthorpe Rd you won't be anywhere near it tonight lasher!

16th and going down playing shit football.At least if we go down this year we will have been kept awake at the ground with some entertainment you clueless simpleton.

Firstly, get the figures right before you start "spouting" your usual anti DF opinions... Ticket sales have also dropped because of a recession....

Secondly, you cannot deny we have improved game after game since the season started.. FORGET LAST SEASON YOU MUPPETT as he had very little of what he wanted in place and obviously had been given his orders from above...

Thirdly, unlike Irvine he has not been given money to go and get playerd he wants because of restrictions.

Fourthly, he makes more sense than Irvine. The need for pace and youth are the future of PNE because of restrictions and because the better teams in the world all have players like that (granted with more ability than the players we "currently" have).

Finally, he needs 2 seasons to get the club back in shape and develop a style he his happy with... look at SAF, he was a couple of games from getting the sack and look how he turned out... AND yet he is still making mistakes...

I have seen enough and heard things that DF has said that encourage me no end... I personally don't care if we go down this season (I dont believe we will) because I think he would bring us straight back up and playing football in an attractive way that will not only win games BUT bring the crowds back to.....

are you a Blackpool or Burnley fan?