PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

18 Year Old Man Killed In New Hall Lane Crash

Similar tragedy was thankfully averted on Saturday evening as, in strikingly similar circumstances, a BMW crashed at high speed in Longton wiping out a bench and a 200 year old cemetery wall in front of St Andrew's Church.

Seems the occupants were more fortune this time as despite estimates of the car crashing at 40-50mph they were able to get out and run from the scene.

As the vicar of St Andrew's said lockdown might have actually provided us with something to be thankful for as it meant aforementioned bench wasn't in use. Had the usual teenager congregation been present I think Longton could have been national news for all the wrong reasons.

Think there’s a bit more to it than this but because I’m not sure it’s in the public domain I’m not going to post it. But it doesn’t sound spur of the moment
I drove past the scene today ( on the way to my sons house ) and it was very sad to see all the floral tributes - it made it feel so real !!