PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

1913 Terrorist Incident…..

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Well, everyday is a school day…. I have just discovered ( through Wikipedia ) that in 1913 the suffragettes tried to burn Deepdale down in support of their movement… but failed.

They conducted a bombing and arson campaign on a lot of stadia where male sport was played - at Deepdale they tried to burn down the grandstand , but were foiled….

However, they did succeed in burning down Arsenal’s South London stadium and also tried to burn down the Blackburn ground.

Well, everyday is a school day…. I have just discovered ( through Wikipedia ) that in 1913 the suffragettes tried to burn Deepdale down in support of their movement… but failed.

They conducted a bombing and arson campaign on a lot of stadia where male sport was played - at Deepdale they tried to burn down the grandstand , but were foiled….

However, they did succeed in burning down Arsenal’s South London stadium and also tried to burn down the Blackburn ground.
They also burnt down Bloomfield Road in 1985 causing £££££££ worth of improvements.

Wow, I never knew that.

If I was a betting man I'd bet my house that Edith Rigby was involved. She was done for bombing the Liverpool Corn Exchange in 1913 and said she had set fire to Lord Lever's place over by Irvington Pike a few days after that bombing.

Wow, I never knew that.

If I was a betting man I'd bet my house that Edith Rigby was involved. She was done for bombing the Liverpool Corn Exchange in 1913 and said she had set fire to Lord Lever's place over by Irvington Pike a few days after that bombing.

She was supposed to have defaced the statue of the Earl of Derby in Miller Park who was prime minister at the time with a tin of red paint, they reckon if you look close enough you can still see traces today.

I bet you don’t get quality info like this on other clubs forums! :LOL:

She was supposed to have defaced the statue of the Earl of Derby in Miller Park who was prime minister at the time with a tin of red paint, they reckon if you look close enough you can still see traces today.

Yeah, good job that we are edumacated….

My Great Auntie Emily's gang strikes again.

Last edited:

Is that what the mark under the statue's chin is?

Wow, I never knew that.

If I was a betting man I'd bet my house that Edith Rigby was involved. She was done for bombing the Liverpool Corn Exchange in 1913
Did she have a sister , who -
Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door, &
Who is it for?

He's something, Shit doesn't Burn, it just Smoulders. Something they must have learnt over at Blackburn, if they didn't try Gloomfilled

Things women will do to get you to buy them a dishwasher...tut.

PMT